Saturday 6 January 2024

Please Hold For Dave Sim 1/2024

Hi, Everybody!

It's the first of 2024's Please Hold For Dave Sims

Audio:

Video:

Part one:  got Steve Peters, who has a new Kickstarter, to remember Jeff for me. Then Dave has general advice for anyone bringing a new IP to market.
Part two: then Steve Peters, who has a new Kickstarter, asks about Mickey Mouse being in the Public Domain.
Part three: Lee Thacker, who is GOING to have a Kickstarter (maybe), had a thanks to Dave, which got Dave to praise the Anxiety Society (the book that should be heading to the Kickstarter.)
Part four: Dodger asks about Usagi Yojimbo. And gets a swordfish.
Part five: I'm not staying up for three more hours, So Zipper's question, Michael Grabowski's comment, and Fernando H. Ramirez's observation are all in this one.
Next Time: New Old Dave Art!

4 comments:

Lee Thacker said...

High praise indeed! Thank you so much, Dave and Matt.

Steve Peters said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steve Peters said...

What Lee said!

And I will mention that I'm happy to take Cerebus-related requests for the original art rewards in my Kickstarter. The deadline for a request is January 20, 2024.

Steve said...


Cerebus regret: somewhere I have a set of three con sketches of Cerebus from the early / mid 1980s, pretty generic but you know how it is with us fans...

Anyway perhaps a decade ago a LCS brought Stan in for a signing day...why in the world I didn't take the time to find one of those Cerebus sketches and ask Stan to add a Usagi.

But it gets worse: Sergio was in Albuquerque for a con; I got to spend three days with him as an assistant. He is such a raconteur, and Dave so accurately describes how Sergio is. But again: if I'd only had that sketch done by Stan I could've then asked Sergio to add a Groo: the holy trinity of classic creator-owned, durable characters.

Take that one to my grave no doubt *sigh*

Steve