Sunday 28 July 2024

"It's over. Finished. The jig (as they say) is up..."

Hi, Everybody!

Before I forget AGAIN(!!!!!!!), Dave and I are doing the Please Hold thing again this Thursday. We would LOVE to have your questions/comments/whatevers. (Mainly because the ol' AMOC Mailbag is mighty slim on Qs this month. And I much as I appreciated a weekend of in July, that wasn't my intention when I told Dave I wanted to be done before the fireworks. I live downtown. I wanted to be done before it got loud...) So, shoot an email to momentofcerebus@gmail.com, before Wednesday night, and Dave and I will prattle on about it on Thursday, and I'll slave all Saturday making ma li'l videos.

Anyway, this

Then (click for bigger):






Rigamarole:
See here if you wanna physical copy of Albatross #1, Dave's first notebook used in the creation of Cerebus.
____________________________

THe Humble Bundle is over. If you want digital copies of Cerebus, CerebusDownloads.com is back to being the only game in town.
__________________________
Heritage has Cerebus #179 page 7. 

I have been outbid. 

I'm not bitter. You're bitter.
__________________________
The AMOC TeePublic Shoppe: up to 35% off:

August Something-th.*
*Sale dates are not final and therefore subject to change.
___________________________
The Help Out Bill Messner-Loebs Go Fund Me, or buy Rodney Schroeter's book with proceeds going to Bill. 
___________________________
The Last Day Without nothing.
   "      "     "        "  Dave's signature.
   "      "     "        "  an Old Cerebus Remarque
   "      "     "     Auction catalog for the Panoramic Remarques
___________________________
Oliver' Simonsen's Cerebus movie: The Absurd, Surreal, Metaphysical, and Fractured Destiny of Cerebus the Aardvark it's currently available on "Plex", "Xumo", "Vimeo On Demand", "Tubi". If you're in Brazil..."Mometu", "Nuclear Home Video".
___________________________
Next Time: I had me an Aardvark Wang related thought...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Cirin family tree is weird. Who is Sir Gerrik's father and what was he thinking? And how did he...never mind, some men will just do it with anything, or he was tricked, or drugged, or, gag me, wanted too.

If that is too gross, a more serious question is was Astoria ever actually pregnant with Sir Gerrik's child or did she have an abortion as was hinted at in the story? Was she just playing games with Cirin knowing the game was deadly or just "effing" with her in a vicious mother/daughter spat? Did George R. R. Martin read Cerebus? Looking back at it now, the whole Cirin/Astoria spat was very Game of Thrones-ish.

Serra-Cirin is one of the best comic book villains ever and still scary to this day.

Anonymous