Saturday, 22 August 2026

Dave watched the video of Ben Dunn accepting his Eisner HoF award. And I have questions...

Hi, Everybody!

As long time readers of Matt Dow's A Moment of Cerebus know, Dave sends me stuff...

Like two hours and change of Audio for Please Hold For Dave Sim (that woulda been for April 2026 if he had gotten paid for that instead of '82 Tour Book notes.)...

Which means I need a weekend to hole up in the Please Hold Editing Suite with my weight in pizza and a twelve pack of something with a lot of caffeine and no sugar. 

But I signed up to work the overtime, so it won't be this weekend. (Plus, while it's four months late, it's still two weeks early, so I got time to do my "magic"... Hey, I don't make the rules (okay, I make the rules, but I don't break them if they go in my favor...), I just enforce them.

ANYWAY, Dave sent other stuff of the Visual variety too...Like:


As always, I get big digital files that I "AMOC-itize" for this blog. But looing at the big pictures I see detail that you guys miss. Like:
Those are Dave Sim Collected Letters 2004 (the first one) under Dave's armpit. And I think those are collected Steve Ditko books next to them.
And:
Those are CAN bonus prints.

And a pseudo-slabbed copy of Watchvark

But what the hell are these things?:


Does Dave have a Marvel trading card game out at Camp David?

Any way next slide:

I'm not sure what print this is:

More shots of the CAN bonus prints:


Seriously, what the hell are these things?
And what's the Strange Death of Alex Raymond thing on top of the Albatross Notebooks note?

Next slide:

And Dave says:


I thought Dave made Birdsong do that?

OH! I get it now. I thought the 5 cover said "THE COINe UNDER!" I misread it. it says:
"GOING UNDER!" Geez...you'd think I'd do big ol' images of the art, and not weird Marvel crap...you'd be wrong as all get out, but you'd think that...

Anyway, speaking of Ninja High School/Cerebus, these issues will be on the next Kickstarter.

Okay, I need to sleep so I can work, then come home and...work on listening to Dave and making/finding visuals.

Next Time: Probably start posting Church & State pages as part of the Re-Read...

No comments: