Tuesday 11 November 2014

The Off-White House: Under Construction!

DAVE SIM:
Scott down in The Trench. That's the door to my bedroom over his head.
It's a good thing I haven't sleepwalked since I was ten.

Once everything was stripped down, this here wooden art installation turns out to be the footing
that's holding up the roof. As Scott said, "This is Building Code 101.
 This is why we HAVE Building Codes."

How The Roof Of The Off-White House is being held in place
as of Wednesday November 5th

I remark to myself, "This would be a really good month to have a dry spell.
Or, if not a dry spell, at least a really good month to not have non-stop torrential rains for days on end."

1 comment:

Jeff Seiler said...

Wow. I remember, in July of 2011(yr?), coming around the rear corner opposite and seeing Dave sitting in a lawn chair, on his deck, just about right where that bulldozer bucket is in that first photo.

Not even dreaming of this sort of thing, back then, he was just working hard on finishing up the "find Cerebus" issue of glamourpuss...