Saturday 9 March 2019

A feather in my cap, an aardvark on my chest...

Hi, Everybody!

There's a Indiegogo live if you missed the Kickstarter for the birthday card.

The remastered Volume 1, digitally for $9.99. Which I'll be discussing soon. (Tomorrow?)

And:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1349357665/cerebus-postcard-from-hell-no-1

The new KICKSTARTER.

___________________________________________________________________________

Anyway,

I held for Dave Sim, and he called, we talked for just over an hour. I gotta edit the video and upload it and stuff, so that'll probably be done by Monday.

But, Dave told me that I'm the first person in forty years to notice the Cerebus in silhouette motif.

Opening of issue one...
End of issue one...

He also explained it.

What's the explanation?

Well, Please Hold For Dave Sim...

Next Time: Not the March Please Hold I'll tell ya THAT much. But Monday, it'll be up by Monday...

6 comments:

Tony Dunlop said...

First in 40 years? So, someone noticed it in 1979?

Jeff said...

Okay, Tony, snarkiness aside, Dave was rounding to those fat zero numbers. We all do it: it's been almost 40 years since my college roommate and I watched the M*A*S*H finale together; it's also been slightly more than 60 years since Dave Sim was born; indeed, it's also been slightly over 40 years since the debut of "Cerebus the Aardvark #1".

Tempus fugit, but round numbers attract attention.

whc03grady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
whc03grady said...

Whoosh.

Alright,
Grady.

JLH said...

It's a race! Will I finish the transcriptions for last month's Please Hold before the new one goes up?

Margaret said...

I'm hoping so Jesse, I've been reading the transcripts rather than listening - just easier for me. I really appreciate you transcribing them down for us!