Tuesday 17 September 2019

Something from High Society (like I promised.)

Hi, Everybody!

So, like I promised, something from High Society:

Remember back when I ruined Jaka's Story for myself?

Specifically, I said:
Also, how is it that in the entire book, NOBODY from the top of the mountain goes down, and NOBODY from the bottom goes up? Are there two roads and Pud lives on the one less traveled? There's a whole enclave at the top of the mountain. It's where Cirin is living. You can't tell me NOBODY except an old veteran and a worm salesman in a dress travel past Pud's place... Oh, and the three women who end up killing Pud...
Well, I got my answer:

There's a couple of roads...

(Also, it occurred to me when I was watching a "Great Performances" performance of She Loves Me on PBS, that both Jaka's Story and Melmoth would make for really neat stage plays.)

((Basically, a set of Pud's Tavern and the other buildings on the side of the mountain, and then a big screen with the young Jaka stuff filmed and projected on to it.))

(((I haven't thought through the Melmoth idea thoroughly yet...)))

((((If anybody wants in, I'm selling percentages...))))
___________________________________
Okay, Rigmarole:
Church and State Vol 2 Prototype Auction is at $150 (US) to Jeff (presumably Seiler... You guys should really send your bids to momentofcerebus@gmail.com with your full name and stuff.)
______________________

You want a prototype The Strange Death of Alex Raymond, you gotta pledge (or up your pledge) here.
_______________________

Friend to the Blog, and recipient of his own special themed week here on AMOC (last year, and again at the end of the month. That's right, like Shark Week, Steve Peters Week is COMING BACK!), Steve Peters is running a new KickStarter to fund his latest project: Parallel Comicverses #1, will be a softcover black and white, digest-size book, with 70 pages of comics and over 30 pages of glimpses at the creative process. And a new story WRITTEN BY DAVE SIM! With a Cerebus knock-off character: Cerberus
__________________________
AND: New Cerebus Merch:


I'm getting me one... gonna wear it to the movies in December

David Birdsong says:

US: Vark Wars Yellow Logo Tee T-ShirtVark Wars Yellow Logo Tee SweatshirtVark Wars Yellow Logo Tee Long Sleeve T-ShirtVark Wars Yellow Logo Tee V-Neck T-ShirtUK: Vark Wars Yellow Logo Tee T-ShirtVark Wars Yellow Logo Tee SweatshirtVark Wars Yellow Logo Tee Long Sleeve T-ShirtGermany:Vark Wars gelbes Logo-T-Stück T-ShirtVark Wars gelbes Logo-T-Stück SweatshirtVark Wars gelbes Logo-T-Stück LangarmshirtAnd still available - "Approval Is An Authoritarian Construct"
US: Approval Is An Authoritarian Construct TeeUK: Approval Is An Authoritarian Construct TeeI'll send a copy of Vark Wars signed by both Dave and myself to the first person that sends Dave a Vark Wars shirt. There's really just four versions and the V-Neck for the Ladies is sold only on Amazon US.
__________________________

Colin Upton! COLIN UPTON!!! COLIN UPTON!!!!!
__________________________

Next Time: Hobbs and A. Very. EXCITING. Post!

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Yup, that's me. Seiler. As long as you are aware of these comments, why should I change my style? Eh? Mr. Manly, as long as you keep doing your job so well, I'll keep cutting corners.