Sunday 15 September 2019

Hey, Wait A Minute: The Last Day/Latter Days

Hi, Everybody!

Rigmarole:

Church and State Vol 2 Prototype Auction is at $125 (US) to Eric Bahringer.
______________________

You want a prototype The Strange Death of Alex Raymond, you gotta pledge (or up your pledge) here. Eddie clarifies:
So if you joined after sep 6, for $50, we’re assuming you want in on the contest so you get 50 chances. If you were already a contributing Patron before, and you had contributed $150 in total since you joined, and you upped your pledge by $10 after Sep 6, you get 15+ 10= 25 chances.
_______________________

Friend to the Blog, and recipient of his own special themed week here on AMOC (last year), Steve Peters is running a new KickStarter to fund his latest project: Parallel Comicverses #1, will be a softcover black and white, digest-size book, with 70 pages of comics and over 30 pages of glimpses at the creative process. And a new story WRITTEN BY DAVE SIM! With a Cerebus knock-off character:
A sample of Steve's recreations of Cerebus pages featuring the 3-headed "Cerberus". Steve will recreate the scene of your choice from one of 5 Cerebus books using Cerberus and Comicverse aliens in place of the Cerebus characters, and this art will appear in the comic. ( I'm getting the Melmoth one.) (And, I think, this one?)
__________________________
AND: New Cerebus Merch:
I'm getting me one... gonna wear it to the movies in December
David Birdsong says:
US: Vark Wars Yellow Logo Tee T-ShirtVark Wars Yellow Logo Tee SweatshirtVark Wars Yellow Logo Tee Long Sleeve T-ShirtVark Wars Yellow Logo Tee V-Neck T-Shirt
UK: Vark Wars Yellow Logo Tee T-ShirtVark Wars Yellow Logo Tee SweatshirtVark Wars Yellow Logo Tee Long Sleeve T-Shirt
Germany:Vark Wars gelbes Logo-T-Stück T-ShirtVark Wars gelbes Logo-T-Stück SweatshirtVark Wars gelbes Logo-T-Stück Langarmshirt
And still available - "Approval Is An Authoritarian Construct"
US: Approval Is An Authoritarian Construct TeeUK: Approval Is An Authoritarian Construct Tee
I'll send a copy of Vark Wars signed by both Dave and myself to the first person that sends Dave a Vark Wars shirt. There's really just four versions and the V-Neck for the Ladies is sold only on Amazon US.
__________________________
__________________________
Whew.
__________________________

So, looking through The Last Day, looking for something else, I came across this bit:


Which is a nice little bit that sets up that Cerebus and She-Shep have an antagonistic relationship.

But it also sets up that New Joanne is a lying piece of $#!*!!!

Because:



Not gonna lie, when I first read this back in 2003, I literally fell out of my chair when I saw her. I thought she was Jaka too...
When she asked in Latter Days, that's NOT how it went down.

I never went back and checked before. She-Shep's mom is a lying C(no swearing!)NT!
__________________________

Next Time: I gotta a longer thing in the works, so THAT, or a short piece while I work on the longer bit...

3 comments:

Jeff said...

I remember right after that "not the new Joanne" issue came out, I wrote to Dave saying how happy I was that Jaka was back. His response to me was something along the lines of, how could I be so obtuse. IIRC, we never learned the name of "not the new Joanne", except as just "Me" in the print interview in the feminist magazine. It was just another example of Cerebus being willfully self-destructive at the expense of all others.

Damian T. Lloyd, Esq. said...

What's that part of a work that comes above the subtext ..?

-- Damian

Tony Dunlop said...

That grin on old Cerebus' face - more or less frozen over three panels - is saying, "Holy s**t, THAT'S what she's been telling people? OY....."