Wednesday 12 May 2021

Swords of Cerebus In Hell? Hardcover Kickstarter starts TODAY!

Benjamin Hobbs:

 

Update: The SWORDS OF CEREBUS IN HELL? Hardcover campaign is now live! You can back it HERE!

If all goes well, the SWORDS OF CEREBUS IN HELL? Hardcover Kickstarter campaign should go live today! 

This is my first campaign on Kickstarter, so the logistics of launching it are new to me, but if everything goes well (and so far, it LOOKS like everything is going well) the campaign will be up at noon.

This is a stream lined campaign. There are only 3 tiers:

-$70: Volume 1 Hardcover

-$70: Volume 2 Hardcover

-$140: Both Hardcovers.

There are 150 of each Hardcover.  Only 100 of each are being offered in this campaign to allow for replacements if needed.  The additional books will be offered in future SOCIH? campaigns. 

These books will not be available at retail. 

The stretch goals are:

-$3,000: A trading card is added to all books. (You get two copies of the card if you order both books.)

-$6,000: A second card will be added to all books (You get two copies of both cards if you order both books.):


-$9,000- a Signed bookplate, exclusive to this campaign, is added to all the books. 

I don't have this designed yet, but Matt pitched this as the the plate:

It will probably be something that looks...different from that. 

Each Volume will have it's own unique bookplate. 

Volume 1 is already in hand:

Volume 2 is currently being bound together, and will arrive here before the end of the campaign. 

The stretch goals will go into production as each one is met, so everything should be ready to send out by the first two weeks of June.

I'll update later today when the campaign is live with the link!

Next week: In progress book plates?

12 comments:

Rich L. said...

Woohoo!

Anonymous said...

It's live and books are selling. Better get them while they last.

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

That bookplate is ##$&ING Genius, and you'd be a fool not to use it...

"Anonymous"

Benjamin H said...

A big THANKS to everyone who's backed so far! And to those of you who back the campaign in the future, an advanced thanks!

"Anonymous" -I'll tell you what. We'll vote on it when that stretch goal is met and if EVERYONE votes for Matt's drawing, as-is, we'll go with it.

Travis Pelkie said...

Did the page orientation issue get fixed? As in, when the book started, you’d have to turn the book sideways, where strip 3 was on top of strip 2, for example. I think the more recent books fixed this but I’m not sure.

These books look great and I’d love to get them, but if they still have the page orientation issue, I’ll probably decide to pass because I do have these original issues.

Those trading cards look awesome too.

Benjamin H said...

Hey Travis!
The page orientation is the same. The January book of this year, CEREBUS IN HELL? 2021, had the "fixed" orientation, and occasionally there's a couple pages that have a different layout. But otherwise, all the books still have the traditional CIH? page orientation.

Regardless of the page orientation, the hardcover books look REALLY nice on a book shelf, and the hard cover stops the pages from flopping over when you're holding the book (One of the more annoying issues I've had reading physical copies of CIH?)

Glad you like the cards! I've promised to open up at a tier with just the cards (So people can buy extra sets, or just the cards) at $6,000, which the campaign has already past. It should be up later today after I figure out the pricing on the tier and cards.

BH

Travis Pelkie said...

Damn, I’m so torn now! I really don’t like the page orientation, but I can get my CAN number (and Seiler can’t, lol) (I’m teasing, Jeff knows I love him, in a manly way), and they do look great, but they are pricey, but you answered me super nice, and you use my column name suggestion....

Well, I’ll have to check my finances, but I know I’ll get at least the cards. And I’ll probably cave and get the books since you put in the effort to get them made.

Damn my desire for Dave Sim completeness! Lol

Bill Ritter said...

I find I am fascinated with the story of the sole backer of Edition #2. I'm sure it's simple ("it has my mostest favoritest CIH strip of all time!").

Still...why only that edition...? hmmm

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

I know, but I'm not telling.

(It's not me.)

But everybody feel free to guess.

Closest person to the truth gets an original sketch of Cerebus on Regency stationary.

Manly Matt Dow

Benjamin H said...

I also know, and am also not telling.

But I'll say this: The answer is less interesting than the MYSTERY.

(But saying THAT makes the mystery ALL THE JUICIER!)

BH

Birdsong said...

Is it a Bob Kane completist that wants everything including the parodies? Does he or she know the stand alone issue with color covers can be found on eBay for a few dollars or do they want EVERYTHING.

Michael R. said...

Hi Matt!
"Closest person to the truth gets an original sketch of Cerebus on Regency stationary contest." My guesses are 1- Lee Thacker 2- Sandeep Atwal
Michael