Saturday 16 October 2021

Incoming Message From The Big Giant Head: Cerebus Sword & Flames covers

 Hi, Everybody!

The Cerebus Sword & Flames covers are apparently a "Hot" ticket item.

Besides #5, which has been sold to Lou, #7 has been sold to Adam.

Jen and Larry wanted #s 15 and 11, despite Dave only having drawn and painted nine of these (and #s 1 and 9 going to Heritage for future auctions...) Which Dave has completed.

FURTHER complicating things, Michael R. (Of the Easton Pennsylvania Rs, naturally), paid for #26 (his Cerebus Archive Number.) This despite Dave only having 22 covers.

Michael said:
Hi Matt!

I'm in.

After this email I'm going to Cerebus Downloads and GULP! plunking down $600 Canadian for an Aardvark Short Sword Sketch Cover. WHAT AM I INSANE!!! ... but Grace and I scalped tickets in last minute to see The Stones. The scalper wanted $600. CANADIAN!!!! SOLD!!!! Who knows if we're EV-VAH GONNA see Mick, Keef and the boys again. It was encore time. It was the 26th song of the set, "Can You Here Me Knockin". It was AWESOME!!! Grace was hoping for "Brown Sugar". We missed it. It was played earlier. If it's possible for Right Hand Drawing Dave Sim Hand, can he possibly draw the MOST HOLIEST bad @$$ #26 Aardvark Short Sword blank cover Cerebus #1 cover ever for anybody living in Easton, Pennsylvania.

Michael

I called Dave and left a message wherein I said, in part, "I say number it 26 and say 'sequential numbering is SO twentieth century!'."

Dave responds thusly:




So, 2-4, 6, 8, all still available, more a-comin'.

Next time: Oliver, unless I have to do another update from my phone. (Hopefully this reads okay...)

4 comments:

Brian West said...

Reads fine, Manly.

Michiel said...

Well, I just don't have $600 to spend on anything, but I think the drawings look awesome.
I sort of get what Dave means by 'dead hand drawing', but as the drawing continues, the covers become more appealing.
If I did have $600 lying about, I would get one myself.
Not as an 'investment' because I think Cerebus will perk up in popularity, but because I like Cerebus, period.
I think this is the reason for most people getting their cover.
They like Cerebus, and they have $600 to spare, and want to say 'Thank you Dave', again.

Dan Eckhart said...

To Unknown: Exactly!

Dion said...

I think I’m going to need a decoder ring for the numbering….