Thursday 28 October 2021

When I declared it VARK-tober, I didn't expect this...

Hi, Everybody!

Is Thursday, yes?

"Yep, time for more Aardvark, Short Sword & Flames covers from Dave, yes?"

You are correct, imaginary AMOC reader who lives rent-free in my head...

"I sense a 'but' coming..."

Two-for-two, I.A.R.W.L.I.R-F.I.M.H., is that butter on your pants? 'Cause you're on a roll!

Dave DID send me the latest covers, BUT, he also sent me what can ONLY be described as a "Dave's Weekly Update". See WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY back before Dave started shooting videos in advance and letting Everybody(! (Hi.)) know what he got in the mail/what the new Cerebus in Hell? was/what he thought of that thing I sent him/etc... he would type up an update, and Fax it to our Editor Emeritus, Tim W., and Tim would run it as The Weekly Update

And if THAT ain't what this is, I'll be a monkey's uncle:

Okay. Everybody (hi,!), feel free to unpack ALL OF THAT, while you decide if you got the $800 Canadian ($647.83 'Murican!) to buy one of these (clicky for bigger...): 
This one's a holdover from Last Week, I think the price MIGHT not have gone up...









And this one is "YUGE!" because I want you to REALLY see what Dave did:
That don't look like no sketchbook cover...

And FOR THE RECORD:
I'm not accepting one of these in exchange for giving Dave the eight sketchbooks I have. Dave can just have the dang things. (Nobody wants one of these with a Matt Sketch on it. Or, rather, Nobody wants one with a Matt Sketch on it to the tune of a few hundred dollars (Canadian or American.). I ain't THAT egotistical...) And I'd rather Dave got some coin off these things then send me something he could get paid for. (Although a little part of me wants to draw a Batvark or Little Orphan Aardvark inside them and see if anybody ever finds it...)

Next Time: Dave's fer real Weekly Update
Last Time: Margaret, she's right down below

1 comment:

Darth Prefect said...

So...Dave is still working on *his* version of SDoAR? Is this news that I missed?