Monday 26 December 2022

Dave Sim the Barbarian?

Hi, Everybody!

65 more sleeps until the Remastered Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #8 from The Waverly Press Kickstarter launches:

Holiday Bundles of the stuff the Waverly Press has made in conjunction with Aardvark-Vanaheim are still available. 

Speaking of the Waverly Press, I got a message on the 22nd, that Richard Johnston replied to my comment on a post he did about the High Society Regency Edition.

My comment was:
Geez Rich, if you're gonna swipe my stuff, maybe reach out and ask for clarification, huh? http://momentofcerebus.blogspot.com/2020/08/clearing-some-things-up.html
And Richard's reply is:
I didn't swipe, I credited and linked.
I only mention it now, because there's nearly two and a half YEARS between my comment and his reply. Which means if I post a reply, I can look forward to his return volley sometime around my birthday in 2025...
________________________

The Ol' AMOC Mailbag received from Travis:
Hi Matt,

Was just reading a comic from 1986 and thought the artist may have been going for a Dave-Sim-as-barbarian look to the character. Thought you may enjoy it.




I mean the guy certainly as a "Dave" quality to him, doesn't he?
___________________________________
Heritage has many Dave Sim/Cerebus/Strange Death of Alex Raymond items.
___________________________________
___________________________________
____________________________________
Oliver's Cerebus movie: The Absurd, Surreal, Metaphysical, and Fractured Destiny of Cerebus the Aardvark it's currently available on "Plex", "Xumo", "Vimeo On Demand", "Tubi". If you're in Brazil... And now on Mometu.
____________________________________
Up to 35% off site-wide: 
Next 72-ish hours.
Tell your fans! Remind them that everything will be up to 35% off -- that means $13 tees, $20 phone cases, $30 hoodies, and way more!
___________________________________

Next Time: Gerhard the Wizard? Carson the Bard? Wait, are we REALLY doing a D&D riff?

1 comment:

Tony Dunlop said...

Whoa. A classic example of the deluge of dreck that imploded the indie comics market in the mid-to-late eighties.