Monday 12 December 2022

Black Friday Surprise

Good evening, AMOC regulars and guests!

Today should be my last day manning the helm at AMOC. God willing at or around this time tomorrow Manly Matt Dow will have returned from his vacation and be up for posting whatever he wants here.

Saturday, I guessed that Cape Canaveral was in the distance in one of the vacation pics Matt shared with us. 

Today Matt sent notice that that was indeed the famous space station in the distance.

"Yup.  The neighbor has "notes" on Silver Cerebus  . . ." --Matt 

Have a safe trip back, Matt, Paula, and the two Mouseketeers. 

Today is Monday, the beginning of the work week for many of us, as well as the day when Dave Sim creates another MONDAY REPORT. Here he continues his exegesis of the Gospel According to John, as found in the Kingdom Interlinear




As a way of saying "Thank you" to everyone who has read my posts over the last week I want to share a bit of good fortune that I received near the end of last month.

Most of the regulars here might remember that earlier this year there was the FORM & VOID Kickstarter created by Dagon, in cooperation with Aardvark-Vanaheim, to fund the publication of a remastered edition of volume 14 of CEREBUS. One of the rewards offered to backers was a deluxe hardcover with "all of the fixins," as Jed Clampett might say. 

Since I already had a copy of FORM & VOID (a fourth printing of the phone book that I was able to snag from G-Mart Comics back in 2020) and didn't have 195 disposable clams to spend on the deluxe hardcover, I opted instead to just pledge 10 bucks. All I wanted was to show a sign of support for the project. That was in March of this year.

March 2022, my invoice for the FORM & VOID Kickstarter.


Fast forward to Black Friday 2022. I was coming home from work that evening and found a pretty sizeable package on the steps of the porch to my side door. Picked it up and saw where it was from.

I had a hunch that there was a surprise inside but had no idea what was really in store for me.





Thank you, Dave Sim and Dagon James. This is a wonderful early Christmas present.

And, thanks to all of you who have read my guest posts over the past week. It was an honor and a privilege to post here at A Moment of Cerebus. 

Now, here are some news and updates.


According to Kathleen David's latest update, her husband Peter David has had surgery today

___________________________________
Cerebus in Hell?
___________________________________
There are 11 DAYS left for Living The Line's Kickstarter for CENTRALIA by Miel Vandepitte.  
___________________________________
____________________________________
Oliver's Cerebus movie: The Absurd, Surreal, Metaphysical, and Fractured Destiny of Cerebus the Aardvark it's currently available on "Plex", "Xumo", "Vimeo On Demand", "Tubi".  And if you're in Brazil...
____________________________________
Heritage has a bunch of neat original art.
____________________________________
Up to 35% off site-wide: 
December 1-16
Tell your fans! Remind them that everything will be up to 35% off -- that means $13 tees, $20 phone cases, $30 hoodies, and way more!
___________________________________

Next Time: Our fearless AMOC leader SHOULD be back.








2 comments:

Michael R. said...

Hi Brian!
AWESOME! Good for you! Thanks for sharing. When I received my book, I ripped my Cerebus sticker attached to the plastic bag. AAARGH!...and when i took the book out a second time, I did it agsin!!! Double AAARGH!!! You did it flawlessly. LOL!

Michael R.

Brian West said...

Thanks, Michael R. As a fastidious collector of comics and action figures since my youth, I have ALWAYS been careful about opening packages for collectibles. Even when I was a child, I remember being afraid to even play rough with my “mens”, as my mom would call my action figures, out of fear of scuffing off the paint. The only time I think I let a toy get worn out was because of dunking my Kenner Super Powers Aquaman action figure too often into water.