Thursday 11 April 2019

True Romance Part Deux

MARGARET LISS:
A few years ago I scanned all of Dave Sim's notebooks. He had filled 36 notebooks during the years he created the monthly Cerebus series, covering issues #20 to 300, plus the other side items -- like the Epic stories, posters and prints, convention speeches etc. A total of 3,281 notebook pages detailing his creative process. I never really got the time to study the notebooks when I had them. Just did a quick look, scanned them in and sent them back to Dave as soon as possible. So this regular column is a chance for me to look through those scans and highlight some of the more interesting pages.

Last week's True Romance was the first time in two years we've seen at Dave Sim's thirty-third Cerebus notebook. So continuing the look at Dave writing about Ham, Mary, and Jaka in Going Home, here is the continuation of Jaka in Going Home and then Cerebus in Going Home:

Notebook #33, page 20

Notebook #33, page 21
Quite the foursome they've got going on. When double dates go wrong. . .


4 comments:

Jeff said...

Margaret, is this notebook dated? How long before the storyline began in the series?

Thanks, as always, for doing this!

David Johnson said...

Margret, not sure your Cerebusfangirl email is the one you use anymore. Maybe, that caused some confusion when Max of CerebusTV contacted you 6 years ago about me. If so, I am sorry. I am not against Dave's petition but have some questions about it, which I have mailed to Dave along with at least a lateral petition, until I can find out more (I don't mean Dave's wording on his, which I have read.). I have emailed you and Matt Dow the same letter and want to hear each of your thoughts. Thanks again for your, his, and everyone else' hard work.

David Johnson said...

Sorry Margret and Matt, I missed putting in my name. Well, no, wait, I didn't. I clicked on maybe unonimus by accident instead of Google profile. Either way, it's David Johnson.

David Johnson said...

No Margret, your email wouldn't work for some reason. So, if you want to add my petition to your files, you may be able to get a copy of it from Dave who I faxed a copy to, or if you have a fax I can show you what I mean by my lateral petition. Also, if you want, you may contact Matt Dow about seeing the email, which I'm going to tell him he can share with you. Thanks again.