Monday 23 November 2020

Cerebus as Spawn

Hi, Everybody!

______________________________

So, back when Hell-Oh! Spawnee first showed up, I faxed her up to Dave with an explanation, and he said:
LOL!
And mentioned using her in a future Cerebus in Hell?. I promptly forgot about that.

Now, at this point, I should explain that I've gotten on the "fax train" for Cerebus in Hell? strips. Dave mocks them up and faxes the team, and me. Sometimes I read them, sometimes I'm very busy and just archive them away. So, when I got one a few days ago with Hell-Oh! Spawnee, I was very surprised.

The problem, is that the version of Hell-Oh! Spawnee I've been using is a VERY basic quickee, that was never intended for publication.
Copyright 2020 Matt Dow and Mouse Skull Entertainment

So, I had to do Mark II:
Copyright 2020 Matt Dow and Mouse Skull Entertainment, still.



This is still rough, and the pink won't show up in a black and white book, but the bow looks more like how I think it should. (It might need to be larger...) 

More as I and the Team work on it... (But EVENTUALLY she'll make the AMOC Cerebus Merch store.)

SPEAKING of Cerebus in Hell?: order the new one: The Amazing Batvark Final Order Cut-off is December 27th. And, on Wednesday, the 25th, pick up Spider-Whore.

SPEAKING of Spawnee stuff: Spawn #10 Kickstarter, has ended, but much like the Remastered Cerebus #1, AND You Don't Know Jack, there's a second chance IndieGoGo. (It ends on the 27th.) Also, Original Cerebus Pages/ Remastered Spawn #10 Preliminary Art/ Other goodies. And Kevin Eastman's original preliminary cover to Turtles #8.

ANNNDDD SPEAKING of the AMOC Cerebus Merch store: Check out the new Cerebus masks and whatnots. PENIS and XXXXX added. And there's a sale:
Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales will be running:
Nov 26 – 27
Nov 29 – 30
Carson Grubaugh is auctioning off this:
Click for Bigger.
It's:
This was the painted cover I did for SDOAR V1, based on mock-ups by Dave. Four months of work that we both agreed was just too cluttered to serve as the actual cover. The work is a 20" x 16" oil painting on board. It already has a frame.

Highest bidder in the comments after one week gets the work. Buyer will pay shipping, and if desired, insurance. If no insurance is purchased any awful thing the USPS does to the work on the way is the buyers loss."
Current HIGH bid is to Cerebus in Hell?'s own David Birdsong for $200. By Executive Fiat, the Auction ends on Cyber Monday (November 30th).

Okay: Dave? Check! Rigamarole? Check! Cerebus? Che...crap.

Speaking of Spawn:
How about Cerebus as Spawn?





(We really need to do a Spawn cover parody Cerebus in Hell?...)

(Oh wait...)

Next Time: I post more Cerebus thingys...

2 comments:

Damian T. Lloyd, Esq. said...

Boy, Dave can really "infer" up a storm, can't he? Hee hee hee!

-- D.

Tony Dunlop said...

"We're infer nasty weather"
-Talking Heads, "Burning Down the House"