Friday 13 November 2020

Postmark: Omaha NE (Dave's Weekly Update #365)

Hi, Everybody!

Previously-recorded-at-an-earlier-date from 
the Off-White House in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, It's:
Aardvark-Vanaheim Founder and President:
Dave Sim, with his Weekly Update:

Spawn #10 Kickstarter, has ended. Me and 595 backers pledged $89,017 to "bring it to life" (like it was Frankenstein's monster or something...)

Missed out?
Copyright 2020 Matt Dow and Mouse Skull Entertainment

Now now Hell-Oh! Spawnee, now need to be salty. Or inverted...

Because much like the Remastered Cerebus #1, AND You Don't Know Jack, there's a second chance IndieGoGo. (But hurry, as there's only so much time before this one goes away...



End of the month, the 25th, pick up Spider-Whore. I'm not going to, because my 15 "contributor" copies showed up in the mail today. (I had nothing to do with this issue, but my name is on the cover.) I got issues #175-189 out of 2414. I'm signing and sending Dave five issues of his pick of numbers, but then I'ma offer the rest to the fine folks willing to give me money, kinda like I am with: copies of Vark Wars: Walt's Empire Strikes Back (Signed by Dave, Signed by Dave and me, Signed by me after I scribble out Dave's name, Pretty much available Signed only...)
 
Check out the new Cerebus masks and whatnots. PENIS and XXXXX added. And there's a sale:
Your entire store will be on sale:
Nov 11 – 13
Nov 17 – 20Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales will be running:
Nov 26 – 27
Nov 29 – 30
Tell your fans! Remind them that everything will be up to 35% off! That means $13 tees, $20 phone cases, $30 hoodies, and way more.
Ya done been told fans!

As you all know, Wilf Jenkins was the Aardvark/Vanaheim lawyer for years, and during that time he was on the comp list. Wilf saved all his copies. Dave and Wilf have signed them, and there's a certificate of authenticity. The books will be available from Looking For Heroes, for $10 (CAD) plus $4 dollars shipping to Canada and $5 dollars shipping to the USA. All the money goes to the Food Bank of the Waterloo Region.

Next Time: Aardvark Comment!

3 comments:

ChrisW said...

Why does Dave say the post card is from Lincoln but the Blog title says Omaha? That's just wrong! :(

Tony Dunlop said...

The postmark, visible at 4:00 - 4:05 or so, is from Omaha. Probably an international mail processing facility in the closest thing Nebraska has to a city....

ChrisW said...

Nuh-uh! No way! Stop spreading the lies! Stop hurting my feelings!

I'd already posted before the video got to the postmark so I did get an answer. Still, it's a lot easier to hear Dave say "Lincoln" than to wait for a stamp from a post office of those evil Omahaians. It should be handled by the good noble Lincolnites. I even got to see the downtown post office on my last visit, totally buried by the new giant stadium right behind it.

Lincoln has well over 200,000 people, it may not be a huge city but it's definitely a city. You need two hands to count the number of times I've been there in the last decade, but it's still my home.