Monday 30 August 2021

EXCLUSIVE New Gerhard Art! (Made JUST for us...)

 Hi, Everybody!


Wait, wrong Mondays:
_____________________________
Anyway, Got more mail for my new pal Chris:
Hi there!

Thank you so much for posting about the Kickstarter!

Gerhard says hello and sent an alternate version of the cover just for your website! I wish you could have heard how hard I laughed when I saw this!
click for bigger, Mags...
Also of interest would be this awesome picture Dave Sim drew for me years ago that I keep near my piano! Most Holy isn't going to tolerate any laziness!

Looking forward to my next big re-read of Cerebus and hope that you are all doing well. Thank you so much for posting about my Kickstarter and thank you to those of you who pledged. You're going to get some very nice products in the mail!

Here's the link again: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chrisopperman/still-waters

Best wishes and thanks again!
Chris Opperman
No, thank you Chris. For the "Moment".

And in answer to Dave's puzzler about Hobbs:

Comic Art Whatchmacallit, right?
Also, "Comic Cake Metaphysics"...
______________________________
Cerebus in Hell?:
______________________________
For the next little while, EVERYTHING on CerebusOverload.com is 30% off (with the code: 30OFF).

Offer ends when The Waverly Press launches Cerebus #2! (So, in a couple weeks.)
Hey, look what Heritage has. 
______________________________
Up to 35% off site-wide:
Sometime in September... (Labor Day maybe?)
Tell your fans! Remind them that everything will be up to 35% off -- that means $13 tees, $20 phone cases, $30 hoodies, and way more!

Next Time: I dunno, more Cake pictures?

3 comments:

Michael Grabowski said...

That recording needs to be a record, not a CD, if only to get Gerhard's art at proper 2 square feet double-lp gatefold size, not pissy little 5" x 10" compact booklet.

Damian T. Lloyd, Esq. said...

Is anybody else reading Dave's Biblical drivel? It demonstrates a clear and ongoing acceleration in his departure from reality. Let's say that he sure does "infer" a lot.

-- D.

Michael Grabowski said...

Hi, Damian,

I actually enjoy reading the Monday Reports. I like that they're shorter chunks, making it a little easier for me to be willing to try to follow his reasoning. I'm a Bible-reading Christian myself, and Dave's point of view on scripture itself, as well as his baffling insistence on this particularly awkward English rendition, is disappointing. When it was Cerebus's interpretation in Latter Days, I thought Dave was just being funny. (At that time those issues were appearing, it happened to coincide with my first time reading the entire Bible in a year, so it was interesting, if weird, to see his parallel-universe take on it.) Reading the later Latter notes that confirmed this is what Dave himself had come to believe, well, he's free to do that and free to write about it. Just like Chester Brown, Gilbert Hernandez, Johnny Hart, Hunt Emerson, R. Crumb, and however many others. Thankfully, we're not required to read it if we don't want to, but I'm open to reading interpretations that are not at all like mine. It doesn't sway me away from my beliefs, but it is fascinating to read his decidedly alternative view of scripture and its meaning then and now.

As far as him saying "I infer" all the time, I think he's being far more honest than a whole lot of pastors, preachers, and theologians, who simply proclaim their interpretations or their parroting of historical interpretations without confessing that they're inferring a lot of their understandings, too.

Cheers,
Michael Grabowski