Saturday 28 August 2021

New Gerhard Art alert!

Hi, Everybody!

I got an email from Chris Opperman.

"Who the @#%& is Chris Opperman?" you ask.

Read on:
Hi there!

I wanted to alert you to a product that may be of interest to Cerebus fans. Gerhard drew a beautiful cover for my new project Still Waters, which will prominently feature the music of Canadian composer Ann Southam (1937-2010) as well as many other composers including myself. It's going to be a peaceful and serene album of piano music. One of the pieces, peace by piece by Kimberly Osberg is a tone poem based on Gerhard's cover art. Here's a photo of Gerhard's art on the piano at the studio:
click for the biggers.

There's a Kickstarter going on right now for the album here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chrisopperman/still-waters

Gerhard also used his photography to create art for a side EP called Four Improvisations. The $45 pledge will get customers access to three physical CD's (two full-length and the one EP) and all the pledges range from $11 - $105.

I would really appreciate it a lot if you would help get the word out. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.

Thank you so much,
Chris Opperman

Next Time: Oliver and lots and lots and lots of stuff

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Matt Dow, please email me at seilerjeff@hotmail.com with your phone #, address, and email address. It's for my will. Thanks!