Wednesday 18 August 2021

More Swords of CIH? Dust Jacket FUN!

Benjamin Hobbs:

The Volume 10 Dust Jacket seemed like an easy choice: Super-Cerebus Girl!

(Although I'm guessing Matt would prefer Darth [Redacted])

Volume 11 I went with Hermann:

Although, when I see the book in my head, I keep seeing the Orange version from Hermann #1.

Volume 12 is Cerebus the Duck:


 Volume 13 is a toss up for me either Spider-Vark, who is a recurring character in the series:


Or Baby Yoda Cerebus:


I'm leaning toward Spider-Vark, since he fills the space better.

The issues that fill these volumes offer a LOT of good cover choices! Let me know what your preferences are in the comments.

(There's always the possibility of having TWO dust jackets for a book.  Variant Dust Jackets anyone?)

Next Week:Crisis in Infinite Quarantine #1 and Swords of Cerebus In Hell? Volume 5...ON SALE AT YOUR LCS!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rich L here:

Variant dustjackets? Okay Dagon.

Birdsong said...

Spider-Vark, BYC has flown under the Mouse’s radar so far but maybe we shouldn’t force the issue. And he does look better on the cover.

Anonymous said...

After so thought, I do have a few double-sided dustjackets. Very frustrating once they are properly preserved in a Broward.

Not sure if I expressed an opinion two weeks ago? The low contrast one is a more interesting drawing but the green one is a better contrast. But you already knew that.

Rich L. here.

john g. said...

Can you do a “Delta Variant” of the volume with the coronavirus issue? ...Too soon?

ChrisW said...

Are those collected editions just fancier versions of the same thing? I really love those covers, more than the covers of the monthly series which I already love. Is it legal to marry a bunch of comic book covers? Um, I'm asking for a friend.

Anyway, I'm also not the sort of person who's interested in buying multiple copies of the same book, that's why I'm asking. If they're all the same book, I'll pick the version based on DC's "collected edition" series if possible.
ChrisW

Benjamin H said...

Rich L.- If there were variant dust jackets, they would be an add-on to the book, between $10-20. The biggest issue I see is how the jackets would ship to me from the printer and how snugly they would fit the volume if they are added later.

David- Agreed. Spider-Vark is probably the winner for that reason.

Rich L. (again!) - Double sided is a fun idea, but I suspect that would add wear-and-tear to the jacket. Noted that the low contrast is better for the book.

John G.- It's never too soon for Coronavirus jokes.

ChrisW- The hardcovers are the same interior pages to the Softcover SWORDS. They each collect 4 issues of CIH? The hardcovers look REALLY nice on a bookshelf, unlike the original issues which look GREAT in a long box, but less amazing on a bookshelf. The hardcovers are being sold via Kickstarter. The second campaign is being fulfilled currently, and the third campaign will be up at the end of Sept or beginning of Oct.

You can only marry a bunch of comics if you captain your own ship and are in international waters.

-Benjamin