Monday 2 August 2021

The First Please Hold For Dave Sim Pre-Party!

Hi, Everybody!

Hey, ya know that Dave Sim guy who faxes me these things every Monday?

And faxes me updates me on the CAN9 Kickstarter?

Twice?

Well, he's calling on Thursday, and he's gonna be answering questions like:
Hi, do you know if “the last day and form and void” will be reprinted soon or if there are already some copies available, could you please tell me where I could find them ?
Thanks in advance.
A fan of your website from Italy.
And:
Hi Dave.

Did the continent of Africa always exist within the world of Cerebus, or was it retroactively added in later? My guess is that it's former for a couple reasons. The first being The Judge's mention of not being able to swing a dead cat in Jerusalem, and the second being Pud Wither's attempt to call Oscar a sodomite. If those places (Jeurselam and Sodom) didn't exist beforehand, how else could the characters reference them?
-Dan
I feel like we answered this one?

Anyway, AND:
Dateline: February 18, 1983

A letter from one Dave Sim was published in Comics Buyer's Guide #483 and reads as follows, "I am interested in trading Cerebus original artwork for pre-1942 DC superhero comics starting with Action no. 1 (anyone interested in the artwork for two complete issues? three?) If this offer tempts anyone, please let me know, okay?"

Did anything ever come of this? What precipitated your offer? And have your negotiation skills improved since 1983?
Man, it's gonna be a hoot!

If you want your question answered, email it to momentofcerebus@gmail.com, but HURRY, I'm sending the fax up Wednesday morning (I got plans for Wednesday...)
________________________
________________________
Friend to the Blog, Steve Peters is running a new Kickstarter for his band The Fright Watch. Mentioning it in case any of you are interested.
________________________
Hey, look what Heritage has. (New stuff. Click it. CLICK IT!)
________________________
Up to 35% off site-wide:
August 4 – 8
August 18 – 21
Tell your fans! Remind them that everything will be up to 35% off -- that means $13 tees, $20 phone cases, $30 hoodies, and way more!

Next Time: Cerebus' 1st Marriage...

8 comments:

Tony Dunlop said...

1. Holiday weekend? What holiday did Canada just celebrate?
2. Um - neither Jerusalem nor Sodom are in Africa...(I feel set up here)

Anonymous said...

Hi Tony! I'm the guy who asked question #2. Sorry if I got that wrong. Those were the only real-world locations I found that were mentioned by characters before Africa was confirmed to be in the Cerebusverse, and I got them mixed up. I probably should've asked if Africa *and* the Middle East (which you can kinda make out on Form & Void pages 486-487) were always there. Hopefully Dave knows what I mean.
Also Matt, if that question was answered in a previous Please Hold, feel free to point me to it to not waste Dave's time. I did try asking this same question in April and June, but I sent the email way too late. So maybe *that's* what's giving you déjà vu.

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

Anonymous,

I said I "FEEL" like it was asked.

Only Jesse knows for sure...

Manly

Jeff said...

Don't mind Dave not wanting to babysit my portfolio #121 (not#201), but wouldn't it be cool and funny if Dave were your actual babysitter?

Tony again said...

As long as he doesn't bless me...

JLH said...

The Africa question was posted during April 2021's Please Hold. I'd post the transcript, but it's way too long (shocker!)

Damian T. Lloyd, Esq. said...

Holy cow, Dave is just not smart, is he? This is the "thinking" of the self-annointed first person to understand the Bible and the Big Bang? He really believes this stuff?

-- Dame

Anonymous said...

Looks like your right Jesse! What happened was I skimmed the "Part" summaries written by The Dao of Matt, I didn't see my question listed, and assumed I didn't make it in.
Well like I said Manly, feel free to scrub my repeat question if it's not too late to do so.
-Dan