Monday 10 June 2024

New Dave Art! Weird Not Dave Art! The Ol' AMOC Mailbag is BRIMMING with...this.

Hi, Everybody!

The ol' AMOC Mailbag is BRIMMING:

No, no, this AIN'T one of them "What's In The Box?" posts.

That's the OUTGOING pile. I REALLY need an assistant to package, address, and mail all of that. 

Where's Brian when I need him?
Holding Joe DiMaggio's bat. COME ON Brian! What would Mrs. Robinson say?

Anybody wanna be my P.A.? The pay is shit, the hours are long, and according to Margaret I'm a "Tyrant". But you get to eat ALL the crumbs you sweep up!

Anyway, Mondays!


Geez Dave, EVERYBODY knows what who Capernaum is. He's the dude who took a knee during the Roman National Anthem at the Colosseum. Ended up getting blacklisted by all the gladiator owners and had to sue. Ended up a Vomitorium owner in East Rome. Married a Vestal Virgin (Kardasius, the slut one...) Converted to Christianity, and became a saint after he died (the church changed his name to "Chip". Saint Chip.) The patron saint of getting screwed over by your boss. Tossed out during Vatican II.
_____________________________

So, the ol' AMOC Mailbag had that, and Ian Rowan sent in:
I can't even draw stick figures
But apparently my brain needed a break from writing, so I did a search for "how to draw" (pig, dog, girl) and tried to copy the first results I found. Sorry I didn't do a Cerebus to make this more relevant, but feel free to post on the blog if it's a slow day and you're hard up. I'm actually pretty happy with the girl, who was supposed to be cheerful and came out sly and scheming, prompting her dialogue - the smudge wouldn't go away from having to erase her nose, and when I put freckles on top I think it worked out well for her complexion. Anxious cat is probably waiting for girl to let go of a rope.



-i

Then he sent in:
This time, Cerebus relevant sketch
My absolutely amateur attempt at eyeballing Dave's rough sketch of CEREBUS #24. Also been trying my crap hand at Jaime's Maggie - this is try number three and definitely the charm. Share if you like, but hope you enjoy regardless.


Better than I can draw...

Let's see, what else is in the ol' AMOC Mailbag...

Oh yeah, NEW Dave Art:
Click for bigger.

Annnnd...OH YEAH! My pals at the Waverly Press are running a "Summer Sale". Nearly EVERYTHING is reduced, with discounts between 20 and 80%! Until the end of June. (Sunday the 30th to be PRECISE.) Now's the time to buy that Cerebus #2 you had your eye on... Click HERE, and remember: Your dependents need Cerebus comics more than they need to inherit money when you croak... (I can GUARANTEE this doesn't apply to the NEW Spawn 10 Lenticular covers. But there's a bunch of other stuff you newer fans didn't get yet. Hell, Father's Day is coming. Let Dad know how it feels to behead a Borelean.)

Okay.
Rigamarole:

Albatross #1 Facsimiles. See here if you wanna copy. 
__________________________
Heritage has Dave's Cerebus cover recreations coming soon.
__________________________
The AMOC TeePublic Shoppe: up to 35% off:

Your store will be up to 35% off
June 10-20 and 40% off June 21-24.*
*Sale dates are not final and therefore subject to change.
___________________________
NEW Spawn 10 Lenticular covers from the The Waverly Press. You can click the link and get your own for $100 each. Jim Lawson's cover is now $125, Brookes Morris is still $100 (they said the prices would only go up...)
___________________________
The Help Out Bill Messner-Loebs Go Fund Me, or buy Rodney Schroeter's book with proceeds going to Bill. 
___________________________
The Last Day Without nothing.
   "      "     "        "  Dave's signature.
   "      "     "        "  an Old Cerebus Remarque
   "      "     "     Auction catalog for the Panoramic Remarques
___________________________
Oliver' Simonsen's Cerebus movie: The Absurd, Surreal, Metaphysical, and Fractured Destiny of Cerebus the Aardvark it's currently available on "Plex", "Xumo", "Vimeo On Demand", "Tubi". If you're in Brazil..."Mometu", "Nuclear Home Video".
___________________________
Next Time: Jen teaches you how to celebrate my birthday...

5 comments:

Christon said...

Killer Raph homage!!!!

Tony Dunlop said...

That's a pretty good Maggie. I swear I hadn't read the supertitle (the text, I say, the text above the picture - image, that is) and I immediately knew who it was, and actually thought it might be by Jaime himself.

I haven't read a Love & Rockets story in decades, so maybe he's done it, but if not I'd LOVE to read some "Tales of Junior High Maggie" stories!

Michael R. said...

Happy Birthday,Matt!

Nic said...

Whoooo! Mail! :P

Brian West said...

Matt, she would say, "It's All About the Wood(™)."