Monday 24 June 2024

Dave's new Pen pal.

Hi, Everybody!

Well gee...I screwed up last Monday. I forgot to include the Monday Report. So here's TWO of them:

The reason I missed posting the Monday Report, is I was doing a Birthday Roundup, speaking of which:


Anyway, over on the Tweeters, I found:

I sent it to Dave, and got back:


Okay, this next bit needs a bit of circling around to explain what's happening. When I moved, I found of a pack of DC Comics postcards featuring the images from the DC Comics collector stamps the United States Post Office issued in 2008. I got the "bright" idea to give them to my kid, Natasha, the eight year old, along with the secret location of the Off White House. With the idea being, she can send a postcard or two a week to Dave over the summer. 

For anybody who is thinking, "Awwww...what a touching Moment between a little girl and a Canadian cartoonist sixty years her senior..." I'd like to welcome you to A Moment of Cerebus. You're probably looking for A Moment of Marmaduke. That Blog is Chock Full of them "Doggone Funnies" strips. We talk about Cerebus the Aardvark 'round here...

I DID warn Dave I gave here the postcards. And that she sent three the first day with the plan to send three EVERYDAY.

Okay, so everybody caught up?


Really pulls at the ol' heartstrings, don't it?

So, I WAS gonna share this with the kid, and let her know she could knock it off if she wanted to...BUT, the apartment has an "outgoing mail" slot, and we bought enough stamps for all the postcards, so she can fill one out and send it while I'm at work. Which means stopping her has gone from a "probability" to a "possibility" and a remote one at that.

Mind you, I gave no direction as to what to write, just the address. So this is how a 21st Century eight year old thinks...




Click for bigger

This is probably gonna continue (and not just because I think it's funny...)

Rigamarole:
__________________________
Heritage has Dave's recreation to the cover  of Cerebus #16:

Click for bigger
__________________________
The AMOC TeePublic Shoppe: up to 35% off:

Your store will be up to 40% off June 24.*
*Sale dates are not final and therefore subject to change.
___________________________
Friend to the Blog Steve Peters has a NEW Kickstarter: Comicverse: Subspace Chatter Softcover Collection. While it DOESN'T have a new Dave cover (that's the NEXT Kickstarter after this one...) It does have Cerebus related content, and Manly Matt Dow Art. 
___________________________
Annnnd...OH YEAH! My pals at the Waverly Press are running a "Summer Sale". Nearly EVERYTHING is reduced, with discounts between 20 and 80%! Until the end of June. (Sunday the 30th to be PRECISE.) Now's the time to buy that Cerebus #2 you had your eye on... Click HERE, and remember: Your dependents need Cerebus comics more than they need to inherit money when you croak... (I can GUARANTEE this doesn't apply to the NEW Spawn 10 Lenticular covers.)

The Waverly Press is ALSO running a new Kickstarter for a new Bobby Grossman book: Nobody Waved Goodbye.
___________________________
The Help Out Bill Messner-Loebs Go Fund Me, or buy Rodney Schroeter's book with proceeds going to Bill. 
___________________________
The Last Day Without nothing.
   "      "     "        "  Dave's signature.
   "      "     "        "  an Old Cerebus Remarque
   "      "     "     Auction catalog for the Panoramic Remarques
___________________________
Oliver' Simonsen's Cerebus movie: The Absurd, Surreal, Metaphysical, and Fractured Destiny of Cerebus the Aardvark it's currently available on "Plex", "Xumo", "Vimeo On Demand", "Tubi". If you're in Brazil..."Mometu", "Nuclear Home Video".
___________________________
Next Time: Jen shows of HER faxes...

No comments: