Wednesday, 26 August 2026

 CEREBUS IN HELL? WEEKLY STRIP #56



CAN 14 - Ninja High School/Cerebus - Cerebus In Hell?
Kickstarter September 15 - October 15



next:  Only The Margaret Knows...


4 comments:

Michael Grabowski said...

Reminds me of Michael Kupperman's Snake 'N' Bacon strips. I kinda feel like his comics work is the godfather of CIH?

Michael Grabowski said...

Hey, anyone enjoying the TMNT #1 facsimile from IDW? I passed on the original all those decades ago... what was I thinking?... (I think I thought it looked funny but not funny enough.) I was hoping this edition would be nice and well-produced à la Living The Line-style, but they used newsprinty paper and the heavy blacks come out muddy grayish. I suppose that was deliberate, but it's disappointing. $6.99 for crappy paper? On the other hand all the dot pattern gray areas look great. Was that like Dave's Letratone or zip atone or something? That surely must have taken E & L ages to get right that first time.

Birdsong said...

Michael, that grey tone is duo tone. It's a paper that comes pre-printed with lines that will develop when you paint a chemical over the paper, one bottle for the light tones and another for the dark tones. Dave used it for issue 12 of Cerebus.

Michael Grabowski said...

Thanks, Birdsong. Interesting. I'm no artist and have no idea what's more labor-intensive but it's an impressive look throughout this edition of the comic. I don't recall seeing nearly so much of that effect in Turtles #8, but that could be due to its non-urban setting.