Wednesday 25 May 2016

Impossible Thing #14

Impossible Thing To Believe Before Breakfast #14:
"Disagreeing with any of these statements makes you anti-woman and/or a misogynist."

DAVE SIM:
What I'm alluding to here is the Feminist Theocracy's impulse towards "the one right way to think."  The Impossible Things are far too intricate for that:  there are just too many ways of thinking about the various subjects to rule anything "out of order" (I think) -- let alone ruling EVERYTHING out of order that doesn't conform to Feminist Theocracy thinking.

And, yes, in our society, thinking that way makes me a misogynist.  Which is why I don't go out in public.

2 comments:

Erick said...

With this one, I'll just say just because you say does not make it so

Erick said...

Posted this in the Dave and Me religious thread but wanted to make sure you saw it

Hello Dave,
before i say anything else let me just say that it is wrong of me to pass any judgment on you for the beliefs you hold that do no harm to anyone. Believe it or not Dave my biggest problem with you is that your views of the past twenty years or so are in my view undermining the brilliance of the work you created that i and so many others enjoyed. Cerebus was an is yours and you had every right to do with him as you pleased. But when an Artist decides to produce work for public consumption then a connection is made with that public. The artist still owns the work, but attachments are made by the public to it. Seeing Cerebus being ignored because of the actions of its creator is doubly frustrating. I admit, this is my fault. I should not feel so vested in Cerebus that I allow my disagreement - abhorrence really, with your views to become acrimonious. I shall endeavor to do better.