Saturday 10 April 2021

Matt and Margaret are fighting (don't cry Jeff, they can't get divorced since they ain't married to each other...)

Hi, Everybody!

On Wednesday, I got the BEST Dave Sim autograph!

"Big deal I got Dave's signature on lots of stuff..."

I was talking to THEM Margaret!

And it's the BEST Dave Sim signature!

"Like the only counterfeit Cerebus #1 he's ever signed 'Dave Sim', BEST?"

(Nobody likes a show-off Margaret...)

No, Dave's signature on a check is the BEST Dave Sim autograph!


What'd I do to earn a hundred and thirty-nine bucks (American)?

Well look closer:

"What the heck is 'DIA 7073'? I don't speak nerd..."

Classy as always Mags...
classy as always...

I didn't know either, so I asked Eddie. He knew...

That's the Diamond code for The Amazing Batvark:

Which was a cover I suggested. Although, they didn't use the gag I wrote for the cover:
Caption Cerebus: “You’re staring at Cerebus. Cerebus can feel it!” Caption Batvark: “Did you know you have a liverspot on the back of your head that looks EXACTLY like Spiro Agnew?”

AND, I wrote the IFC:

Damn, I'm funny...

Anyway, I got the Faxes from Dave:
Uh, this is the first I've heard of "STOP ME IF YOU'VE HEARD THIS ONE: THE SECRET ORIGIN OF CEREBUS IN HELL?".

Anatol's Solecism, ya got THAT one on your checklist MARGARET? Huh? DO ya? Yeah, that's right, sulk in silence...

I did a search for READER-WRITTEN COMICS #2, and found this. Which includes the following:
I also produced three comic books; "Dusty Rack Dramas" (a disaster), "Reader Written Comics" #1 & 2. Reader Written #2 published in 1977 was quite innovative, combining story ideas submitted by the readers. Worked well, as I rewrote and combined stories, and created the dialog. A Buyer's Guide magazine critic said RWC #2 had incredible artwork and awesome stories. I employed Dave Sim who went on to draw the famous comic book Cerebus The Aardvark in Canada, and Steve Vance who went on to illustrate Bartman Comics from the Simpsons cartoon TV show. However, not being much of a businessman I trashed hundreds of these over sized comics in the dumpster of my Adelphi Maryland apartment complex.
I told my wife about Dave's dream and she said, "That's creepy." The woman doesn't get it sometimes...

Anyway, I faxed back to Dave, and he said:

Here's Dion's covers:


And the POSSIBLE second print cover to Baby Yoda Cerebus #1:

(Dion's pretty amazing...)


I don't think so Dave...

Anyway, BACK to the Fax machine:



Neat, right?

You guys didn't read anything after Spawn #10 Lenticular cover, did you?

I'll talk about THAT on Monday...

Next Time: Oliver shows off HIS check...

2 comments:

Brian West said...

I did, Matt. I read after the Spawn 10 to do.

M Kitchen said...

Hey! I just took that photo this week! :)