Tuesday 11 September 2018

A clever callback

Hi, Everybody!

So today will NOT be me getting "Back Into It Again" as I suggested in the "Next Time" yesterday.

I've been working twelve hour shifts at da factory, and da wife and kids are a handful, but mostly I just ain't had the time to go through the links on Comicsgate both pro and con I've gotten.

EVS did show up in the comments on Back into it. Or, ya know, somebody posting under that name (I didn't ask to see an ID or anything. We work on the honor system here). So there's that.

I hope to knuckle down and tackle this ONGOING CONTROVERSY OF EPIC PROPORTIONS on Saturday.

Ya know, unless I find something better.

ANYWAY!

As I mentally have been writing my post where I tackle Dave working on Cyber Frog, and all that that entails, while working twelve hour shifts at da factory, a clever callback in the Cerebus story-line occurred to me.

In the comments about the Cyber Frog thing it's been said of me that, "heavy is the head that wears the tall pointy hat" a reference to:
Courtesy CerebusDownloads.com 
Which is a funny bit that is universally beloved.

It's also a bit that gets a clever callback later in the series.

As WE ALL KNOW (Except YOU Kevin, "Where's my F@#$ING Column!?!") Cerebus ends up Pope of the Eastern Church of Tarim in Church & State I.

And in Church & State II, Cerebus "unites" the Eastern and Western churches of Tarim and becomes the Pope of the new Unified Church of Tarim.

But, how does one show such a momentous (heh,) change to Cerebus' personage?

Not saying this has happened to me while reading comments, also NOT not saying this has happened to me while reading comments
With a Tall Pointy Hat...

"Status, boy! You can argue with me, but you can't argue with status!"

The reason I found this, was that, in the post I've been mentally writing, I was gonna use this image:
"No, Cerbus, I'm sorry that the wrong answer. The capital of France is NOT 'Truth'. Let's see how much you wagered."
And, as we all know, in this sequence, eventually Cerebus losses his hat:

"Conveys my status!"
 And when he goes looking for it:


I think the makers of Se7en owe Dave some money. "What's in the box, man, what's in the box?!?"
 Which contains:
Part of me wants to just fax this page up to Dave titled: "re:ComicsGate"
Okay, I "momented", I'm gonna go to bed. See all ya'll on the flipity-side!

Next Time: "Jingles getting ridden, or GTFO!" Damnit Seiler, quit writing the "Next Times"!!!

4 comments:

crazyyears said...

Heh.

Michael Hunt

Jeff said...

Better yet, just fax him this:

"Re: Comicsgate and EVS

Cerebus issue #(whatever it is), page #(whatever it is), panel #(whichever one it is)."

Fill in the blanks--I'm too lazy to look it up, plus there're dead roaches in that long box.

But don't just fax the illustration; make him look it up. Why should you have to do all the work?

Course, knowing Dave, he probably has it all filed away in his deep-memory database...

Jeff said...

Okay, just guessing here, totally just guessin, but Kevin's absence *could* be explained by this:

He read ahead and found out about issue #186.

Or, maybe he's just like you and me--lazy.

Oh! Gotta go. There's a game on. Go (fill in your team's name).

Jeff said...

And, just 'cause ah ca-an:

Da-mi-on?

Mahnd ya mannahs, son!

'Cause ah gotta a RE-AL tall, pointy ha-at...

...son.

A-ahnd, ah ain't afrai-aid ta *use* it.

Son.

STATUS.