Monday 10 September 2018

Seeing Music, an unasked Cerebus question gets answered!

Hi, Everybody!

So when I was pulling the image of Cerebus punching himself in the head to use in my "Back into it" post, I noticed this:

And I wondered if this was a real song, or if Dave just made it up?

So I checked the annotations in the back of my copy of Latter Days. And found:


Which doesn't answer if it's a real song...

But then I had cause to fax Dave about something else, so:
In case you can't read Dave's writing, it's: HI MATT - WHEN DID GEORGE HARRISON DIE? WHENEVER IT WAS I TRANSCRIBED THE MUSIC FROM "ALL THINGS MUST PASS" (FROM THE NATIONAL POST) INTO THE CEREBUS STORYLINE

That's this song:



 Now play the tune, while "reading" the sequence:






Neat!

Next Time: Back Into It Again?

4 comments:

Michael Grabowski said...

That's like the Cylons quoting "All Along The Watchtower" out of the blue. Neat, odd. Thanks for digging that up, Matt. That's a sort of classic AMOC that I wish/hope this site could be more.

crazyyears said...

Yeah, what Michael Grabowski said.
It's been pretty heavy around here lately, and I know I contributed to that. Can't exactly say I'm sorry, 'cause I ain't, but this is the sort of stuff that makes this site special. Nice job, Matt.

Michael Hunt

Jeff said...

Michael? I disagree, in part.

The song is nice--darh, pretty flowers.

Transcribing the notes spot-on (I can only assume) is pretty cool.

But, man, is that ever a dark passage. Especially out of context from the rest of Latter Daies.

Wow. I gots ta get me back to that book.

Birdsong said...
This comment has been removed by the author.