Friday 5 February 2021

On the chest of a bar-maid...CNIB PSA (Dave's Weekly Update #377)







And:
Hemingway in Comics: https://www.booktable.net/ https://www.centuriesandsleuths.com/

That's code "IEST" for 10% off at cerebusoverload.com.  Good through February 14th.

Your store will be on sale:
Feb 10-12
Feb 24-27
Tell your fans! Remind them that everything will be up to 35% off! That means $13 tees, $20 phone cases, $30 hoodies, and way more.

Cerebus in Hell?
Order now:
Possibly still available to order:
And coming the first Wednesday in February: Cerebus in Hell? 2021 (the cover screw up delayed it a week...)

Next Time: First Saturday of the month, so...


6 comments:

JLH said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michael R. said...

Dave got the story right. The name for the penguin came to me from seeing the Pittsburgh Penguins Mario Lemieux and the Warner Brothers skunk, Pepe LePew. Why not mash up Lemieux and LePew?

So having Mario LePew the Kitchener Penguin sounded funny to me and funnier to have Dave even pick it.

My other choice was Jeff. Named after Jeff Seiler who sent Dave the penguin in the first place. Sorry, Jeff, I tried.

Afterwards I did come up with Margaret, The Boston Penguin, but I thought I would be cruisin' for a "BRUIN" if mentioned that name to Dave.  LOL

Anonymous said...

Another triumph of comedy, skill, and talent, Matt. Your legacy grows by the day.

Jeff said...

How come Local Correspondent, Dave Sim, isn't outside in sub-zero weather, clinging to a light pole, barely being able to speak into his mic, as the winter gales threaten to blow him all the way back to Hamilton?

Jeff said...

Whence he came, I mean.

I have forgotten the name for the now Off-White-House mascot that I suggested, but since I sent it, I probably shouldn't get a vote.

Le Pew is not bad. My not being a hockey fan, I never would have guessed that.

Thanks, Michael, for your suggestion, but I never would have, in a million years, suggested that. If the cat didn't like the plush toy, then he would have been completely indifferent to naming it after me.

And, probably would have scratched and bitten me even more.

I hope the Le Pew gets a nice place of honor.

Jeff said...

Dave does a pretty damn good, old, crusty sailor reciting a fairly off-color limerick to his bar buddies.