Saturday 10 September 2022

R.I.P.: Peter Straub

Hi, Everybody!

In case you somehow hadn't have heard, Cerebus Fan Peter Straub has died.

I let Dave know.

He has responded:
And the photos:





I'ma run Dave's letters to Mr. Straub from Collected Letters over the next few days (there's 28 pages of them.)

My condolences to his family and friends.
_______________________________________
Oliver's Cerebus movie: The Absurd, Surreal, Metaphysical, and Fractured Destiny of Cerebus the Aardvark it's currently available on "Plex", "Xumo", "Vimeo On Demand", "Tubi".  And if you're in Brazil...
____________________________________
Steve Peters Week?

I was the first backer.

'cause I's Awesome...
____________________________________
CRBS N HLL?
BTVRK
____________________________________
The Waverly Press has an Instagram. And will be posting updates and teasers for upcoming projects with Dave. Like the 1982 Tour book.

So does Carson. He and Sean got the YouTubes too. Order their book The Abolition of Man #1. Hey look they got a second one: The Abolition of Man #2!

Eddie doesn't have an Instagram OR a YouTube. But he's got his Strange Death of Alex Raymond annotations. (I mean, I assume. Maybe he's ALL over the 'gram and just not telling me...)

If you backed a Cerebus related Kickstarter, make sure 

Heritage has pages from Cerebus #1 (like, has the WHOLE issue's original art hit the block recently?!?). And a whole heap of other neat stuff.
____________________________________
Up to 35% off site-wide:
September 15-17
September 22-26.
Tell your fans! Remind them that everything will be up to 35% off -- that means $13 tees, $20 phone cases, $30 hoodies, and way more!

Next Time: Eighteen year old fan letters...

2 comments:

Birdsong said...

I saw the "news" headlines this morning. Nothing about Peter Straub. I'm sorry to hear of his passing. I read several of his books and Koko was my favorite. Anyone passing this weekend is likely to be overshadowed by the news from England.

Anonymous said...

One of the biggest surprises when I first got around to reading Collected Letters (maybe the biggest) was discovering the correspondance between Dave and Mr. Straub. Co-wrote the Talisman? The author of Ghost Story? Shadowland? Knows Dave? Is a fan/reader of Cerebus?!!

One of these days I'll get around to reading Mystery and the The Throat and diving deeper into Dave's take on those books.

I'm curious if he ever publicly wrote anything about Cerebus, what he made of Dave and Gerhard's work, paritcularly the latter issues.

Anyway, I appreciate you running the letters on here and interesting how the books ended up in Strange Death.

I remember being quite disturbed by Koko when I first read it, a lot of it went over my head-most of it really as I wasn't mature enough and it was quite the switch from the horror or horror fantasy I was used to and suddenly reading about Viet Nam.

Rest in peace, Mr. Straub.

A Fake Name