Saturday 22 October 2022

Dave helps the needy. YOU can help too (For fun prizes! And because it's the right thing to do...)

Hi, Everybody!

I got a message from Dave the other day about a fella in need:
Taxing Situation 

Dear Dave, 

Let me start by saying I hate doing this and I am really sorry to ask, but I am desperately trying to raise the funds to pay my 2022 property taxes which are due by November 10th or my house of 45+ years will be put up for Tax Sale by the town that I reside in. 

I have received notification of this from the tax office and time to raise the funds is extremely short. The amount I need is $6500 USD. 

To do so, I have started a Go Fund Me campaign: https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-larry-shell-save-his-home-repair-it 

We need to pay the amount due in full by that date or I and my brother, who lives with me, may not have a place to live. We are both disabled, I have diabetes, glaucoma, migraines and had two spinal surgeries in the past 8 years and my brother suffers from rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes and other ailments. 

-------------------- Please donate if you can and share this fundraiser to your Facebook page, Twitter and any other social media you participate in. -------------------- 

If you would like to donate a piece of original comic artwork instead, please mail it to me asap so I can auction it off on eBay before the tax deadline. 

Let me know it is coming and send to: Larry Shell, PO Box 45, Irvington, NJ 07111-0045. 

-------------------- Please note -- Go Fund Me will not allow the use of PayPal for personal campaigns, so if you would prefer to send a donation via PayPal or Zelle, send it to lawrenceshell@comcast.net. Email me at the same address if you would like to send a check instead. Thank you for reading this. I hope you can help. 

Things are not going well, 
Larry
As I'm sure you are all aware, Dave doesn't have a FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, or MySpace. But he does have original art:
(I made them bigger, so click to see more detail)


I reached out to Mr. Shell to see when these are gonna be on eBay, once I know, you'll know. But in the meantime, if you got a couple of extra bucks and wanna help a fella out, that'd be real swell of ya. 

In fact, if you donate and send a screen shot of your receipt to momentofcerebus@gmail.com, I'll enter you in a drawing to get a piece of original art.

I mean, it's MY art, and I know I'm no Dave, but it'll be pretty neat:
It WON'T be this one, it'll be #5. This is #1. I hope each version gets a little bit better. (Dave sent notes on this one, so #5 should be the best piece ever...) (I'll even throw in a copy of Dave's notes on this one and any other notes he gives me.) (And a copy of Pieces of Turtles 8.2 "Adventures of Cerebus #500" edition.) (And I dunno...a Raphael Action Figure with his li' weapons...) (Come on! Don't be such a @#%&ING Scrooge! The dude's gonna lose his house. It's $10.) (Donate $20 and I'll send you my inked versions of Dave's first five drawings of old Cerebus produced for The Last Day...)
__________________________________
Cerebus in Hell?:
____________________________________
Steve Peters Week 4 Life!!!
Friend to the Blog, Steve Peters is doing a new crowdfunding campaign for his latest book. As far as I know, he made it. Yay Steve! As Steve said in an update: "Apparently with Crowdfundr, the campaign remains open so you can still order items from it if you missed it." 
____________________________________
And while you're frantically checking CerebusOverload.com so you can beat those other bastards to all the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #8 goodies, you should send them any High Resolution scans you have of any original art cards you might have snagged from Dave. Use this form. (Will my Matisse cover be used? Dunno. So donating to Mr. Shell might be the only way to get your hands on it...)
____________________________________
And Sean's has launched a new Kickstarter. You can get The Exile from your LCS too.
____________________________________
Oliver's Cerebus movie: The Absurd, Surreal, Metaphysical, and Fractured Destiny of Cerebus the Aardvark it's currently available on "Plex", "Xumo", "Vimeo On Demand", "Tubi".  And if you're in Brazil...
____________________________________
Heritage has things...or will soon.
____________________________________
Up to 35% off site-wide: 
October 26-30
Tell your fans! Remind them that everything will be up to 35% off -- that means $13 tees, $20 phone cases, $30 hoodies, and way more!

Next Time: I think I'll run more of Jesse Lee Herndon's transcripts since I have a year or two to catch up on...

1 comment:

Birdsong said...

If you click the GoFundMe link you can read a short biography of Larry's five decade career in comics. 50 years and nothing to show for it. The comics you love, love, love will kill, kill, kill you.