Sunday 9 October 2022

In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhubus waits dreaming/Cerebus the Action Figure: Everything is Awesome! Edition

Hi, Everybody!

I got MAIL:

I ain't got time to be filming videos...

Anyway, Spatula sent me one of the Cthulubus books Dave talked about:
(first his note:)



As I said last time:
If you NEED this image in your life, I can send you the nearly 4000pixel image I got and you can print it out and slap it in any book you want. momentofcerebus@gmail.com
Offer still stands.

And if you want a physical copy, Spatula knows a guy. I'd share the link from the Faceybookee group, but they don't let me. (Fuckin' Zuckerberg...) If you're a member, look for Larry Wooten's stuff.
______________________________________
Hey!

Remember that Cerebus Action Figure?

No, I don't know when they're gonna be available.

But I got a line on the Everything is Awesome! Edition:

That's RIGHT! It's Cerebus the Lego:
My unpainted prototypes.

So, I got this Lego Spider-Man set that had a "Porkchop" minifigure. (He's the Spider-Ham version of Venom.)
And it got me thinking about making a Cerebus Lego Minifigure.

So I went to the eBays and found as many Spider-Ham and Spider-Ham knockoffs as I could get my grubby lil' hands on.
Anybody want a little head? (I WON'T be apologizing for that joke.)


I even got a bunch of little sets of legs so my Cerebi will be shorter than you average mini figure. (Like "Unorthodox Bacon Revenge" on the left...)
I mean a lot of legs sets:

Anyway, back to the figures,

I have two different tails:


The one on the left needs to be sanded down a little. And I have to make a sculpty mold to mass produce enough of them. (I got parts to make like fifteen minifigs.)




The other big step I have to do is to get gray, black, and white paint.

Which is where my problem comes in. I'm apparently involved in a Blood Feud with the local gaming store, so I can't shop there. And I'm involved in another Blood Feud with the gaming store near my Local Comic Shop. So, once I find a place I can get the paint, it's just a matter of painting, making the tails and swords, and getting the right cloth to make little vests:
Black like the batman cape, but with a modified cut like the coat.

I'll let everybody know when I'm finished and ready to sell to the lucky few.

If you wanna skip the "Matt"le Man, check eBay.
____________________________________
Because I'm a busy guy, Dave & I aren't doing Please Hold For Dave Sim until NEXT week Thursday. So, if you have a "burning question" for Dave Sim, I'd suggest you drink a big glass of salty water or some cranberry juice...or sent it to momentofcerebus@gmail.com
____________________________________

AND ALSO:
The Last Day
____________________________________
Steve Peters Week?
Friend to the Blog, Steve Peters is doing a new crowdfunding campaign for his latest book. Ends on the 21st. His mom's not doing too well, so you should chip in and give Steve a bright spot...
____________________________________
Oliver's Cerebus movie: The Absurd, Surreal, Metaphysical, and Fractured Destiny of Cerebus the Aardvark it's currently available on "Plex", "Xumo", "Vimeo On Demand", "Tubi".  And if you're in Brazil...
____________________________________
Heritage has pages from Cerebus #1 (like, did the WHOLE issue's original art hit the block recently?!?). And a whole heap of other neat stuff.
____________________________________
Up to 35% off site-wide:
October 12-16, 
October 20-21, 
October 26-30
Tell your fans! Remind them that everything will be up to 35% off -- that means $13 tees, $20 phone cases, $30 hoodies, and way more!

Next Time: Anybody wanna try to make a Mego Cerebus?

2 comments:

Larry Wooten said...

Dang blood fueds...

Tony Dunlop said...

The only other name on that back cover I recognize is Marc Hempel, and only because I'm old enough to remember Mars.