Wednesday 5 October 2022

Dr. Varkhatten Art cards

Benjamin Hobbs:

Last week the final rewards for the Swords of Cerebus In Hell? Volume 11 and 12 Hardcover Kickstarter were delivered to the Post Office! Some have already arrived at their destination, others are on their way! One of the tiers offered on that campaign was the Dr. Varkhatten Original Art Card. 

Previously I had tried coloring over the ink with oil based markers, but that smeared the India ink:

To remedy this issue, I bought some water based markers. And drew this:

The inks were placed first, with the colors over top. And again, the ink smeared.  Additionally, the color dots were placed before the solid pink background, which resulted in the paper pilling up when the flat color was added.  

For the cards that I sent to the backers, I placed all the colors first and then added the ink.  I started with the solid pink background, then the blue of Dr.Varkhatten, and lastly added the purple dots. 

Here's the final results:


Next Week: I'm sure something will come up.

No comments: