Friday 26 April 2024

Ninety-nine options (Dave's weekly update #536)

Hi, Everybody!

Like it says on the Logo:

It's Friday, so that means:
Dave's Weekly Update:

Well, let's check in with Ger, and see what he thinks:
Welp, more as I get the info... (ya know, if Dave had CALLED Ger first...)
_________________________
A Moment of Cerebus runs Saturday through Friday.
The Week in AMOC:
  • Saturday: I got mail! (Part 1) Including an Albatross #1. Here's a handy look at it, and how you can get one. 
  • Sunday: Dave sent me a bunch of faxes. Lots of NEW art in this one.  
  • Monday: The Monday Report and I got mail! (Part 2) I got the NEW Spawn 10 Lenticular covers from the The Waverly Press. You can click the link and get your own for $100 each.
  • Tuesday: Jen's post about The Strange Death of Alex Raymond Go Fund Me.  Speaking of which, $150 until the next page is unlocked. And she's still working on how to give away an Albatross to one lucky GoFunder. You, yes, YOU! get to vote on the plan she goes with.
  • Wednesday: Hobbs posts that AKIMBO should be in stores. I dunno, I gots mine in the mail through the Kickstarter for Can 10.  Speaking of, the next CiH? book to get that treatment is Narutobus, speaking of: Heritage has stuff. Including Narutobus page 11:
    I'm currently winning it for a dollar. If all you jerks with money skip this one, I'll have a SECOND page of original Dave art. Will I win? Cerebus pretty much answers that on this page...
  • Thursday: Margaret continued looking at the first Notebook AKA Albatross 1. See here if you wanna copy. 
  • Friday: that's this post. You're reading the Friday post right now. This is like that bit in Spaceballs. (Should I link to LAST WEEK'S Update in these things?)
Okay, so that was the past week in AMOC. You're welcome.
_______________
And now, back to Bizness as unusual:
Rigamarole:
__________________________
The AMOC TeePublic Shoppe: up to 35% off:

Your store will be up to 35% off
April 26-28.*
*Sale dates are not final and therefore subject to change.
___________________________
The Help Out Bill Messner-Loebs Go Fund Me, or buy Rodney Schroeter's book with proceeds going to Bill. 
___________________________
The Last Day Without nothing.
   "      "     "        "  Dave's signature.
   "      "     "        "  an Old Cerebus Remarque
   "      "     "     Auction catalog for the Panoramic Remarques
___________________________
Oliver' Simonsen's Cerebus movie: The Absurd, Surreal, Metaphysical, and Fractured Destiny of Cerebus the Aardvark it's currently available on "Plex", "Xumo", "Vimeo On Demand", "Tubi". If you're in Brazil..."Mometu", "Nuclear Home Video".
___________________________
Next Time: Dave answered the mail, and faxed me a dozen times about it. So Faxy goodness...

2 comments:

Travis Pelkie said...

Oh, damn, if Ger has retired, it's well earned, but I was hoping someday to meet him at a con. I would have only a small pile of Cerebus issues to sign, really.

Hmm, I did ask a pal over at the Atomic Junk Shop to get an autograph several years back, I should see if he has something for me.

Cheers!

Steve said...


If nothing else, it's generous of Dave to pass these leftovers on to Gerhard.

In all my years of watching eBay (and more recently but still years Heritage) I don't believe I've ever seen either the colored (coloured...) or 'plain' set of prints listed.

And Dave doesn't say, but did the sale of The First Fifth clear Aardvark Vanaheim of the Animated Cerebus portfolio debt?

Steve