Monday 27 September 2021

Jeff Seiler: We hardly knew ya...

Hi, Everybody!


Okay, where to begin...

Jeff Seiler tributes:
Eddie Khanna:
And Dave Sim's response:
Thursday was the last time I talked to Jeff as well. He had just come out of the movie.

And when I let Gerhard know, he said:
Hi Matt,

Thanks for letting me know.
I thought that he'd been a little too quiet lately.

Hadn't heard from him or seen a comment posted in quite a while.
I know he wasn't exactly in the best of health at the best of times.
May he rest in peace.
Thanks again.
-Ger
And Shelley, Ger's lady friend, sent (via Margaret who said) :
Matt -
Shelley sent me some pictures on FB of Jeff S and Ger at cons and some of just Jeff S, thought if you wanted to use them in a tribute post - Shelley said you could:
Ger and Jeff

Jeff and Ger

Jeff and Ger 2

Jeff and his cat.

Jeff and... ya know, he's lucky he's dead, because I have a TON of questions...

Gerebus by Gerhard for Jeff

And you people thought we were kidding...
The Watercolour

The Second One




This is a stretch goal that has been unlocked...

 
HEY! I got those!

_____________________
Cerebus in Hell?:
_____________________
Get that sweet, sweet Gerhard art, Greg Hyland's Monster Atlas Volume 2 part 3. (Greg hit the four grand, so Gerhard is in the book. (Ends in 16 days.))
_____________________
Heritage, is gonna be auctioning off the original art to the Cerebus #2 covers (5 of them,) and the NEW Cerebus #1 (just 1 of them.) And a Regency Edition.
_____________________
And your friend and mine, Sean Michael Robinson has made an album
https://seanmichaelrobinson.bandcamp.com/releases
https://music.apple.com/us/album/mismenagerie/1586540064...
_____________________
Up to 35% off site-wide:
September  27
Tell your fans! Remind them that everything will be up to 35% off -- that means $13 tees, $20 phone cases, $30 hoodies, and way more!

Next Time: Probably more Jeff Seiler. He DID just DIE ya know...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rest in peace, Jeff, I'll say a prayer for you.

I only interacted with him on this site in the comments for random reasons including the big Chester Brown debate years back. From what I could tell he seemed like a sincere and good-hearted guy who only wanted to contribute; his voice, his proof reading and his experiences with Dave & Gerhard.

In the other post Dave pointed out the perception that people didn't like Jeff. I hope he was wrong.

I guess it's another reminder of the impermanence of life and how important each of us work to be a good person and to achieve whatever potential God blessed us with.

Jeff was definitely one of the most loyal supporters of Dave Sim, Gerhard and Cerebus, freely sharing his passion, enthusiasm and presumed belief this creative work is one for the ages and will live on years from now. Not everyone has the guts to share such enthusiasm and dedication, admirable traits for sure.

Like most everyone I was shocked to read of his death and hope is passing was as painless as possible and he finds himself in a better place.

Sincerely,

A Fake Name

Brian West said...

I liked Jeff.

He was the only dude here who openly enjoyed my sense of humor in the comments; as a greenhorn in the Cerebus world that meant a lot. Too he admonished me once when I made one of my customary typos. “A Good writer always proofread his work.” I might be paraphrasing there, but I hope everyone reading this gets my point. Jeff being gracious and considerate enough to take a newbie like me to task was greatly appreciated by me. Helped me along into thinking I belonged.

Speaking of that: I am, to my knowledge at least, still one of the newest fans here. Though I have admired Dave and Ger’s work since the late 1990s, I never interacted with Dave, Gerhard, or the extended Cerebus family, until just a couple of years ago. Nevertheless, in such a short time here, I have been welcomed - for the most parts - with open arms by the family itself. And Jeff Seiler gave me a firm embrace, as Mel Brooks would say. I can never say that I knew him half as well as many of you here, let alone those who worked with him closely at Aardvark-Vanaheim, but as evident by the words written so far by others, I now realize Jeff’s presence will be greatly missed.

May his memory be a blessing.

Brian West said...

Apologies for the typo above. Also, listening to last month’s Please Hold, and just now hearing Jeff ask Dave his question about THE LAST DAY.

Benjamin H said...

I'd like to have known Jeff better than I did. He was welcoming to me here on AMOC when I first showed up here, and I always enjoyed reading his comments. I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person.

He will be missed.

Rest in peace Jeff.

Benjamin