Wednesday 22 September 2021

New SWORDS Hardcovers!

Benjamin Hobbs:

The Volume 5 and 6 SOCIH? Hardcovers have both arrived!


I'm working on having the pre-launch page up on Kickstarter next week, and hopefully the campaign for V5 and V6 will begin in early October!

Next week: I looked at a calendar this time, and it will ACTUALLY be the last Wednesday of the month. There will be new CIH? and SOCIH? at you LCS!

________________________________________

Thanks, Hobbs!
Hi, Everybody!

"Wait, Matt?"

Yeah.

"On a Wednesday!"

Yup.

"Oh shit! Did Dave die?!?"

What?!? No!

Damn you're morbid...

"But...but...you NEVER post on Wednesdays!!!"

Yeah, the orphan slaves need two days off or they get goofy. Plus ma whippin' arm needs rest or I can't hit 'em hard enough to get good posts...

Anyway, Sean, yeah, THAT Sean shared to The Strange Death of Alex Raymond Kickstarter that he found out how Bezos screwed up:
Hello Saintly Backers,

I just wanted to write a quick (very quick!) follow-up to Carson's update yesterday.

So after much digging, much hair-pulling, and a good baker's dozen of emails and phone calls, I have the skinny on the Amazon Misprint Shipment Situation (Hereby known as AMSS).

The details, in order of relevance--

a. this was not a NEW error. To the contrary, these misprint books were sent to Amazon (and apparently other book channel vendors) on the same day that the comic store/direct market misprints went out. However, this was not communicated to me at the time.

b. this was not Diamond's error, but rather the error of Amazon. Diamond alerted Amazon to the defective books on Aug 3rd, and followed up multiple times to try to get a confirmation, even following up daily at one point.

c. Amazon CONFIRMED this destruction (I have seen the email.)

d. Only 199 books (of 861) managed to actually be delivered.

e. this situation could have been much, much worse. Apparently someone at Amazon got the "DO NOT DELIVER" message, a little late, mind you. (Maybe all of the fire-alarm pulling I was doing yesterday did something?) We got confirmation from at least TWO people that their book was actually pulled when it was "out for delivery", including from one person, when it was "a few blocks from my house".

I like to imagine Daddy Bezos hopping on the ol' Amazon CB radio and calling the driver personally, tires screetching, and him immediately dumping it into the nearest ditch.

I have been assured by Diamond that there will be some kind of return option for people who received this misprint in error, and that we will be paid for any and all books sent out early by Amazon that can not be recalled.

Okay, one last update. As I was writing this message the printer confirmed to me that they have just finished (!) printing the interior (!!!) of the book (!!!!!). Completely unexpected, as they weren't even supposed to have the paper for another five weeks.

If this affects our delivery date, you all will be the very first to know.

All the best,
Sean
p.s. if, as someone mentioned today, this situation is indeed more than a little "Kafka-esque", then what Kafka book or story are we actually in? (Personally I hope it's not the Penal Colony :) )
Everybody got that? 

(Ma poor whippin' arm...I'ma gonna have ta put TWO ice packs on it tonight...)

Next Time: I ruin Margaret's post with this, unless there's a NEWER update...

3 comments:

Brian West said...

Waaay to go, Benjamin! Can’t wait to see what CEREBUS COMICS Trading Cards you have in store for this KS, when it launches.

Birdsong said...

Like.

Paul Slade said...

If I ended up with one of the prematurely shipped copies, I think I'd hang on to it. Rare misprint edition, fewer than 200 out there, collectors' market, premium price etc.