Monday 1 November 2021

"...COMME YA TAMA STET FEGRIA!"

Hi, Everybody!

This is still neat as @#%&!!!!:
Every time I walk past it, I stop and smile. 

THANK YOU again "Mad Cerebus Gifter!" Truly, you are a Prince among Men. (Or a Princess among Women.) ((OR: a Royale among Humans (I don't wanna presume...).))

Margaret says:
On Wednesday a huge nor'easter hit and my house and over 500K other people in this area by the cape lost power. I think power came back on Friday, but I was staying with a friend. So today I went to get my mail. After the rain the last night and from the last couple of days. . .
What I found in it blew my mind. . .Thank you Mad Cerebus Gifter!
(I would like it noted that she never called you "a Royale among Humans." I mean, she COULD HAVE. But, she didn't...) ((I HAVE to bust Mags chops. It's in my job description...))

But, seriously, Thank You! (Again and again and again and again and...)

If anybody else wants to smile every time they see an Aardvark, Short Sword & Flames cover in person, Dave's selling 'em for $800 Canadian ($647.83 in Slightly further South Monies. $13477.01 in Even further South's monies.)



First THIS. Then:










________________________________________
Cerebus in Hell?:
And Hobbs's Swords of Cerebus in Hell? Kickstarter ends on Wednesday. 

Speaking of Kickstarters:
Friend to the Blog, Gary Boyarski, is Kickstartering his next issue of Jack Grimm: Harbinger of Death. With Dave AND Gerhard art on variant covers.

Auctions:
Heritage, has:
the original art to Dave's New Cerebus #1 cover. They also got High Society Regency Edition #5 (with #4 and #3 coming soon. And 2 and 1 will be "live" by Thanksgiving...) 
And a 9.8 Graded copy of Epic Illustrated #16, SIGNED by Barry Windsor-Smith (Arnold the Issurian appears in that one.)

And Dave's still selling them Aardvark: Short Sword & Flames, right here on AMOC (I mentioned that already...)

And he and Carson have a Patreon.
And SODAR is coming! SODAR is coming!
The Strange Death of Alex Raymond HC corrected copies are scheduled to arrive in stores with product on sale November 10th!
Just an fyi-- if you are one of those "lucky" 199 folks who had a Strange Death of Alex Raymond misprint shipped to you by Amazon, and you want a corrected printing with all the pages, you'll need to request an exchange and indicate you want a replacement copy. Put "misprinted copy-- pages missing" or something similar in your "reason" field!

The book will be in comic stores Nov 10th and book stores two weeks or so later
Please Hold For Dave Sim:
Barring any unforeseen difficulties, Dave's calling on Thursday. If you got a burning question, please, Please, PLEASE sent it to momentofcerebus@gmail.com. I got a couple, but can ALWAYS use more...

Merch:
Up to 35% off site-wide:
November 3 – 6
November 10 – 14
November 16 – 21
November 23 – 30Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales will be running:
November 26 – 29
Tell your fans! Remind them that everything will be up to 35% off -- that means $13 tees, $20 phone cases, $30 hoodies, and way more!

Next Time: Well, I gotta Fax Dave, so probably his response...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

A suggestion, not a question.

When Mikhail translates GUYS (I know I said when, I'm an optimist) perhaps Dave's incredible lettering should be left alone and instead of trying to do Cyrillic letters, they can insert pages with Russian translations next to the art instead.

So on the left page would be the dialogue printed in Russian and the right page would be the art. That way they have the meaning of the words while also getting the original and astounding lettering to enjoy.

I think even if the number of added pages resulted in Guys Vol. 1&2 and Rick's Story 1&2 (or however it works out) it would be worth it.

I've also been re=reading Form & Void and can appreciate it much more than I did before...a work of genius.

cheers,

A Fake Name

Anonymous said...

I should add I realize my suggestion could be a logistical nightmare (could be?!?)and maybe Mikhail would enjoy the challenge of replicating Dave's lettering and in the spirt of artistic freedom perhaps that's the way to go.

I just think Guys and Rick's Story have the finest comic book lettering I've ever seen and wanted it preserved so others could enjoy it as well.

cheers,

A Fake Name

Birdsong said...

Hey, only 25 copies of the Hard Bound Swords of Cerebus in Hell? vol 5 & 6 are left. And less than $3,000 will unlock that sweet, sweet Dr. Varkhatten trading card. Hurry, you don't want your peers pointing and laughing at you for missing out.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1454227506/swords-of-cerebus-in-hell-hardcovers-volumes-5-and-6?ref=user_menu

Anonymous said...

Grifters gonna grift...

Birdsong said...

I beg your pardon, Anonymous, but I must ask you to produce evidence that anyone that purchases Cerebus In Hell? merchandise is being misled in any way. I don’t make a dime from the hard bound volumes and pay full price for them. I think they are worth it.

Tony Dunlop said...

Oh, David, you should know better than to feed the trolls...

Birdsong said...

Can't. Serious business. Slur on reputation.

Damian T. Lloyd, Esq. said...

Threaten to beat 'em up, David B. That's what you do, isn't it? And then chicken out?

The first paragraph of Dave's dribblings this week certainly reads like one of his essays. And his last paragraphs contains as much science as anything he's written. Funniest laugh this week: Dave replacing words in the text to make it read in accordance with his prejudices; let's remember this is the same fellow who excoriates people who alter the text to make it read in accordance with their prejudices. To paraphrase Richard Nixon, "When Dave Sim does it, it's not hypocritical."

-- Damian