Thursday 25 November 2021

Happy Thanksgiving from all your pals at A Moment of Cerebus

Hi, Everybody!

So on Tuesday, I sent Margaret the following message:
Mags,
I'm bumping you a week so I can do a Thanksgiving post.

Unless Birdsong posts before me...
The Manly One
And sure as shit, "Damnit Birdsong!" done posted:

Happy Thanksgiving (‘Murican version)


So, everybody(!) say it with me:
DAMNIT BIRDSONG!

Anyway...

Since it is Thanksgiving, I thought I'd take a moment (heh.), to discuss what I'm thankful for.

First, obviously, Thanks to Dave for sending me stuff to post all the time, and for calling on the first Thursday of the month for Please Hold For Dave Sim. The next one of which will be EXACTLY one week from today! So, if you have a question for Mr. Sim, momentofcerebus@gmail.com

Then I should thank Margaret and Hobbs for doing columns so I get days off. And thanks to Oliver for doing his bit.

And I'm thankful for Gerhard, who I don't plug nearly enough...

Of course, I'm thankful for all of you for coming by and reading my crap.

Thanks to Sean and Carson for The Strange Death of Alex Raymond

And I guess I'm even thankful to "Damnit Birdsong" for at least trying...

Here's a Moment of Cerebus for everybody:
"That doesn't have anything to do with Cerebus!?!"

Doesn't it?

In 2007, Dave Sim was part of the LitGraphic: The World of the Graphic Novel at the Norman Rockwell Museum. Which is located in Stockbridge Massachusetts. Which is where Arlo got arrested, and where Alice's Restaurant  was located. Norman Rockwell lived there, and painted Main Street:
Click for bigger. (They recreate this with vintage cars every Christmas.)

Which IS Cerebus related, because:
Click for bigger

See:

You can get a print here. (Of the Rockwell piece.)

And it wouldn't be Thanksgiving for Friend to the Blog, Steve Peters without this:
Next Time: Dave. Weekly. Update. (Should be the new CiH? promo...)