Sunday 15 May 2022

The UK bits of Dave's House. Well...some of them.

Hi, Everybody!

Let's see...

Picking up from Yesterday:
Dave faxed:

Click for bigger

Click all ya want. This is the size it is...

Click for bigger

Click for same sizeness...

Click for bigger
I sent Lee the photos, and he said:
Hi Matt.

Wow! What a nice surprise! It's incredible to think that Dave has a framed picture of me, David and Terry up on his wall (a Brits wall by the look of it!) alongside Lenny Henry, Jennifer Saunders and Dawn French. Please thank Dave from me for sending those photos.

I recently went on two mini tours (five gigs at the end of April and four gigs last week) with The Wedding Present - my first time touring with a band. David invited me along to get a taste of 'life on the road' in preparation for our book signing tour in November to promote the release of Volume Two of the Tales From The Wedding Present hardback books. I had a great time and sold and signed lots of copies of Volume One at the merchandise stall.

I've been working daily on new stories and I have ten more pages to draw before inking the final twenty pages.

Thanks again.
Lee
Then I sent him the fax. Because, as I said, "Should REALLY have included Dave's fax about this..."
Niiiice!

The entryway! I am humbled beyond belief.
So he's all happy...

But if you click over to CerebusDownloads.com, looking to grab a last minute copy of Pieces of Turtles 8.2 Swordfish/Canadian/1st Edition for $25 Canadian, you will NOT be all happy. Because as I warned yesterday, it is gone. And you are shit-out-of-luck unless you can find a Turtle Profiteer...
________________________________________
SPEAKING of Turtle profiteering...

I bought a 10 pack, and I'm getting one of them signed:
Kevin Laird
Peter Eastman
Davelangelo
Dave Sim
With my CAN#, 37. 

That leaves seven more copies that I'm selling for $25 American.

"Uh...I'm no math genius, but ten minus one isn't seven..."

True imaginary AMOC reader who lives rent-free in my head, but Steve already put in to buy two copies, and he's sending me stuff, so I can't really say, "no".

So if you want one, and you want it unsigned/unnumbered/ready for CGC slabbing, you REALLY need to shoot an email to momentofcerebus@gmail.com, and stake your claim. Otherwise, I'm probably gonna have Dave sign all of them and write eight random numbers to increase their resale value...
You: "Gee, I really wanted my CAN# on a PoT8.2..."
Me: "If your CAN# is 76, 95, 43, 112, 302, 8000006, 5, or 3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058, have I got the Piece of Turtles 8.2 for YOU!"
Plus, all MY copies come with an OFFICIAL A Moment of Cerebus N.F.T.*:
See, it's not an Internet NFT where you lose money when the pyramid scheme comes crashing down and it turns out you don't really own anything. I ACTUALLY print the thing out, sign, sketch , and personalize each one. See the bit above Cerebus where it says: "TO                  BEST WISHES"? I actually put your name in the "                 ". And it's FREE with PoT8.2 purchase. In fact, I'll even throw in the 1st N.F.T.*:

Now how much would you pay?!? (It's a rhetorical question. It's $25 bucks American. Unless you just want the N.F.T.*, then it's five bucks. And I ship anywhere the money comes from...)

Where else can you get copies of three of the four participants of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #8 for THIS cheap?
_______________________________________
Also, if you ALREADY bought one of those N.F.T.*-less Pieces of Turtles 8.2, Eddie really REALLY wants you to remember that:
We have to do it the same way as last time for this one; Default setting is 'SIGNED AND NUMBERED' on all copies purchased. If they want something different (eg, CAN#, unsigned, unnumbered; or half signed and half numbered, or all signed and all unnumbered) they should email eddiesdoar@gmail.com, or with any special notes.
The sooner, the better...
_______________________________________
The Living the Line store is having a 20 percent off sale through the 15th, HEY! That's TODAY! Hurry up! 

AND, Sean's doing a contest in the Cerebus Facebook Group. Um...ya gotta be a member to see the post. So if you're not "IN", you need a FaceItBook id, I recommend using a realistic fake name, like "Julius Tavers". Then ya gotta pass the entrance exam. Tell Mags "Ron sent ya"...
_______________________________________________
Hobbs' Kickstarter for the HARD COVER Swords of Cerebus volumes 9 & 10 is still a kicking. I'm doing a pass on the backs of the Vark Wars trading cards (if that changes whether or not you wanna back him...)
_______________________________________________
Heritage, pretty much has the best Cerebus Original Art deals available...
_______________________________________
Hey!

Remember when Gerhard was working with Grant Morrison on Smile of the Absent Cat for Heavy Metal?

I don't know if it's in this Humble Bundle, but I don't know that it's NOT in this Humble Bundle...
_______________________________________________
Cerebus in Hell?:
The Uncrucifiable Cerebus Goes To A Gay Bar MAY221082 Order Cut Off May 26, 2022
_______________________________________________
Please fill out your surveys so I can get the copy Travis is buying from me.
And if you didn't wanna deal with Kickstarter or the Waverly Press, guess what's in the new previews.
_______________________________________________
Oliver's Cerebus movie: The Absurd, Surreal, Metaphysical, and Fractured Destiny of Cerebus the Aardvark is currently available "Plex", "Xumo", "Vimeo On Demand", "Tubi".
_______________________________________________
Up to 35% off site-wide:
May 26-30
Tell your fans! Remind them that everything will be up to 35% off -- that means $13 tees, $20 phone cases, $30 hoodies, and way more!

Next Time: Monday. So Jesus-y stuff. And...High Society pages if nothing else drops on my lap...
*Not-Original F***ING Turtles Sketch

3 comments:

Lee Thacker said...

Thanks for posting this, Matt. I should also mention that copies of Volume One of Tales From The Wedding Present can be ordered here: https://merchandise.scopitones.co.uk/product/go-out-and-get-em-boy-tales-from-the-wedding-present-volume-1/
Cheers!

Anonymous said...

So Matt, do you really know pi to 52 decimal places, or more? or did you cheat with the copy and paste. But why 52 instead of 50. Anyway, that's the last thing I'd expect to see here (literature and math, separate worlds). For me it's a blast from the past, like an old poem that I've forgotten, but not entirely, the rhythm of the numbers comes flooding back back every time I see it.

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

Anoymous,

Copy paste.

I once calculated the Fibonacci sequence to 43 digits. It starts with an 8.

Manly