Saturday 7 May 2022

Please Hold For Dave Sim: 5/2022

Hi, Everybody!

Well we held:

Audio:

And Video:

Part one:
Dave and I discuss the proper adjective for Ramadan, then Cerebus Online's 1500 subscriber, then Cerebus Berserker prints, and finally, Lee Thacker's question: "Will Dave be boycotting any future Russian reprints?"
Part 2: Dave and I discuss Steve's question:
Matt asks:
"How the @#%& you print a proof AFTER the books have been printed AND shipped, I have no idea..."

Which is essentially my point in an AMOC comment down there towards the bottom of the page on 12 April.
It's NOT a printer's proof.
It's simply another gimmicky low-print cover produced under a dishonest name.

For 8.2, howsabout an honest name, something along the lines of "Alfonso's Signed Edition".

Unless honesty isn't particularly observed with Dave's 'idio-syncretistic" belief system.

Steve
yeah, the gloves come off
And while typing the above I actually thought, "I wonder what Seiler would say about this."
Part 3: I sent Dave all the comments on the Pieces of Turtles 8.2 flash sale idea.

Details in the video. Tell everybody! (I'm posting this Friday, so you might have to refresh the page to see the buttons.)
Part 4: MJ Sewall got art. So we discuss that. And the The Death's Dark Tread auction. And then MJ had a question about getting Collected Letters direct from Dave, and Dave, it turns out has more collected letters than he knows what to do with. You can get one SIGNED & PERSONALIZED for $30 to cover shipping, plus whatever you wanna pay Dave for it. (Volume 1 is $35, and Volume 2 is $25. So let's just call it $30 a piece.)

Plus, Dave's sending me a list of ALL the product Aardvark Vanaheim has laying around. Details as I get them...
Next Time: I dunno, isn't two hours of videos enough?!?

8 comments:

Steve said...


So...

I had a brief opportunity earlier to check in here on AMOC and saw my comment represented as a lead-in for a Please Hold segment.

And inasmuch as that comment was public here on AMOC, I want this apology to Dave to be public. That was an unnecessary and condescending tone for me to take.

When I have more time I'll actually listen; hope it's interesting!

Steve

Glen said...

Is it possible to get "Pieces of Turtle 8.2" personalized like POT 8.1?

I just ordered my 8.2 copy at Cerebus Downloads but couldn't find personalized option.

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

I forget how we did this last time...

Send an email with what you want on it to momentofcerebus@gmail.com, and I'll get it to Dave.

Manly
(How DID we do this the first time?)

Michael R. said...

I think, and I may be wrong, but Eddie sent out an email for the Canadian POT8 on how we wanted the books signed or not signed.

Jim M said...

Did we? I thought we had to email either Eddie or Matt with info on whether we wanted signed/not signed and your CAN number if you had one

Travis Pelkie said...

So for those of us aren’t able to watch through the turtles 8.2 section, how long do we have to order, or did I already miss out?

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

Travis,

You got at LEAST a week.

Manly

Travis Pelkie said...

Cool