Tuesday 26 April 2022

Did EVERYBODY decide to offload their original art at once?

Hi, Everybody!

Well, if it were easy, Tim would still be doing this job...

Death's Dark Tread. Whole damn issue of Original Art. I wanna buy it and give it to Dave. I have no money. I've asked you the loving (and beautiful. AND talented!) AMOC audience to chip in. Spatula has pledged $2078.11 to the cause. He wants to send Dave the art too. Additionally, Margaret and the Michael's have kicked in, and the pot is now at $2928.11. Which is MUCH less than the $40-50K we all estimate this is gonna go for. Over on the FaceItBooks, David agreed to kick in $2000, but he wants to KEEP a page.

Since Dave's getting the scans either way, it's not like he NEEDS the physical art. So I'm willing to alter the arrangement. If you kick in $2000, you get a page. If you want a specific page, Money Talks, Bullshit Walks. The more you kick in, the more we all listen when you say you want page 12 (or whatever). In case of a tie, first money in gets first pick. And Spatula gets first pick because he believed in my dream goddamnit!

EVERYBODY that kicks in, no matter how much gets 600DPI or 1200DPI scans of the art. And a thank you in the remastered Cerebus #4 when it comes out. If you kick in at least $80, you get a Cerebus Archive Portfolio 1.4, prints of all 22 pages and the cover recreation. 

And, because why not make life harder for myself, if we DON'T get 23 people to kick in 2K each, after the big money gets their page, I'll run a lottery for the remaining pages for the lovely people who kicked in. Again, Money Talks, Bullshit Walks. Every $10 you kick in gets you one entry. (I'm NOT in the running, because I don't want original Cerebus Art in my house. "Send it back to Dave!" I always say...)

Email how much you wanna kick in to thevarkwars@gmail.com,or momentofcerebus@gmail.com.

SPEAKING of Original Cerebus Art, my good friend Jen DiGiacomo discovered that Heritage is gonna have

Not Heritage's image. That's still coming...

Quadtto? Wasn't that the little mutant Martian guy Arnold talks to in Total Recall?

AND AND THE COVER TO #137!?!?!?!?
Quintto.

Man, I'd hate to be a Cerebus Fan with money come next month...
____________________________________
____________________________________
Please fill out your surveys so I can get the copy Travis is buying from me.
Also, if you missed out like Al, there's an IndieGoGo.
And if you didn't wanna deal with Kickstarter or the Waverly Press, guess what's in the new previews.
____________________________________
Sean & Carson have a store with TWO misprinted copies of SDOAR with "Blue Meanie" sketches.
____________________________________
Oliver's Cerebus movie: The Absurd, Surreal, Metaphysical, and Fractured Destiny of Cerebus the Aardvark is currently available "Plex", "Xumo", "Vimeo On Demand", "Tubi".
____________________________________
Up to 35% off site-wide:
April 27-30
Tell your fans! Remind them that everything will be up to 35% off -- that means $13 tees, $20 phone cases, $30 hoodies, and way more!

Next Time: Hobbs would like you to remember that he's a newlywed with a house full of Swords of Cerebus in Hell? Hardcovers...

1 comment:

Steve said...


I'd be willing to trade with Dave for the one page of original art I own if his offer was of a sort that appealed to me.

But GIVE him the art?

That's a hard Nope!

Steve