Saturday 9 April 2022

Anything NOT nailed down is MINE! Anything I can pry loose is NOT nailed down...

Hi, Everybody!

MJ Sewall, of Please Hold For Dave Sim fame (it's how I know him...) sent in:
Hey Manly Matt,

Several eBay auctions ended today of Dave's original art.
They were being sold by (presumably) George Santillan-Ahumada.
(All pieces for sale were signed to him.)
The seven pieces went for between $1175-2075, respectively.
The Cover to #152 sold for $7601 - !!!
You probably already talked to Dave for Please Hold, but I thought you and he'd like to know.
I won two of the auctions. I am thrilled.
I've already sent word to the Art Hunt e-mail (note copied below for details, if interested).

Cheers,
M J (Mike) Sewall

(To the Art Hunt email earlier today:)
Hello there,

I just won two eBay auctions.
I am still in an excited dither and they are not in-hand yet.
The art pieces are:
Issue 102, pages 14-15 (1987)
Issue 112-113, page 8 (1988)
I don't know if these pieces have already been scanned or not.
A firm believer in the project and a supporter of Dave's work, I'm happy to help.
What is the process for getting these scanned?
Cheers,
M J Sewall
I...I thought he included pictures...

But...uh...just PICTURE those pages in your mind. IN. YOUR. MIND!

(That's not gonna cut it as a "Moment", is it?)

Alright, who wants to see some stuff I probably stole?

Yes, Margaret, I know you do. You can put your hand down. And stop doing your Horshack impression... 

Anyway, back before I admitted I was doing it and they cut me off, I used to get stuff shared to me from Dave. (Sorta. It was from Dave via Rolly.) And I'd poke around and download anything that looked neat. Because there was that Neil Gaiman Superman script that got lost for years that only ever got made because somebody had a copy. So like, if Sean Robinson ever somehow loses the 1200DPI scans for issue 151, we're okay because I have a set. (No, you can't have a copy Margaret...)

But, in my search for this:
for Birdsong (Thanks Spatula!) I found a folder of Neat Stuff that I may have stolen, but I maybe got sent to me on purpose...

Anyway, here's a Piece of Turtles 8 that was in issue 1:


And here's a Piece that wasn't:

Oooh, and another one:
"Oooh! Oooh! Oooh! Mr. Manly! Mr. Manly!"

Yes Margaret, here's the text on the side bigger:
And then:

I'm like Robin Hood.

I steal from the Cerebus-rich, and give to the Cerebus-poor...

Hey, it COULD happen!
____________________________________
____________________________________
Please fill out your surveys so I can get the copy Travis is buying from me.
Also, if you missed out like Al, there's an IndieGoGo.
____________________________________
Heritage, they got a bunch of neat Cerebus stuff. Including three pages of original art...
____________________________________
Sean & Carson have a store with TWO misprinted copies of SDOAR with "Blue Meanie" sketches
____________________________________
Oliver's Cerebus movie: The Absurd, Surreal, Metaphysical, and Fractured Destiny of Cerebus the Aardvark is currently available "Plex", "Xumo", "Vimeo On Demand", "Tubi".
____________________________________
Up to 35% off site-wide:
April 13-17
27-30
Tell your fans! Remind them that everything will be up to 35% off -- that means $13 tees, $20 phone cases, $30 hoodies, and way more!

Next Time: Lenny Henry's letters to Dave? I mean I stole all sorts of Neat Stuff....I got SDOAR mock-ups. I got Form & Void tracing papers. I got a restraining order?!?

No comments: