Tuesday 17 January 2023

A Moment of the Strange Death of Alex Raymond: Day 14 Update

Jen DiGiacomo, Interim Head of SDOAR Division, Aardvark-Vanaheim, here yet again with another weekly update on the SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe campaign.



"Possibly the most creative and imaginative piece of cartooning by one of the best cartoonists of all time.” - Jimmy Gownley, author of Amelia Rules! and 7 Good Reasons Not to Grow Up.

Enough with the accolades, let's check in on the official SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe tote board  -- as Jerry Lewis used to say (way to skew young, Jen!):
  • $2030 raised in 14 days from 37 donations
  • 14 new pages released as mocked up by Dave Sim from June 11 to July 14, 2021
  • 35 total pages available on Dropbox when including Dave's 2019 mocked-up pages
  • $170 away from the next unlocked page
In other words, if you're interested in seeing what's been posted so far, simply donate $5 or more to the SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe campaign and I'll get you added to Dropbox.

SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe -->> https://gofund.me/4e2e1c96 <<-- SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe

Now for a mea culpa. Last week, I announced ways to get original SDOAR production art -- and I'd like to clarify a few things as well as share a fax from Dave. 

The production art that I am adding to these posts is not necessarily the production art that Dave is going to send out to folks who unlock pages, donate very generous sums, or are randomly selected on a monthly basis. 

I, and I alone, made a mistake by trying to allow donors to select the art they would like to receive. As Dave explains below -- that is going to require more bookkeeping than makes sense. As a result, I would like to rely upon Dave's judgment in selecting production art for donors. Dave also responds to a long-time supporter (name redacted) who I encouraged to ask about receiving production art for their long-time support. Basically, ignore anything I have to say and things should be fine.


So ... let me add a few more pieces of production art -- solely for the sake of seeing what Dave's been working on recently -- and we'll trust Dave to send out cool SDOAR production art as warranted. Cool? Cool.




That's all I got.

Basically -- please support SDOAR via GFM >> https://gofund.me/4e2e1c96  -- and ignore anything I say.

Back to Manly and Mo' Sleeps!
_____________________________________________________________________________________

43 more sleeps until the Remastered Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #8 from The Waverly Press Kickstarter launches:


No comments: