Wednesday 11 January 2023

TMNT8 Variant Cover Sketches!

Benjamin Hobbs:
 
First a word from Matt:
 
49 more sleeps until the Remastered Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #8 from The Waverly Press Kickstarter launches:
If you ordered a Mystery Holiday Bundle, they're beginning to ship today.

And speaking of the TMNT8 campaign, I'll be doing a variant cover! I pitched several covers, here are two of the rejected sketches:



I really like "EEK! An Aardvark!" I might finish it up for fun.  (After I finish the ACTUAL variant cover I'm working on.)
 
Cerebus, Renet, and a Turtle peaking out from behind the fern made me laugh, but leaves a LOT of negative space as a cover.  Dialouge would probably help fill the space. The logo is swiped from Dave's cover. 

For more from the TMNT8 campaign, check out Waverly Comic's Instagram.

Next Week: It'll be only 43 sleeps until Remastered TMNT8. And MORE TMNT cover stuff!

2 comments:

Michael R. said...

Hey. I know the it came out a couple of months ago, but I just read BTVRK: The Earth-Pig Without Vowels and hands down this was the best issue. You know why? Because I read the whole comic without spinning the comic around and around.

It was probably more of a pain to get this issue done than the usual 4 sideways panel pages with the little quip on the top of the page, but well worth it. It actually read like a comic book. I would love to see more CIH? comics done this way.

Michael R

Christon said...

Michael R., I agree with you. I also really liked that format and enjoyed that issue.