Friday 10 March 2023

Permanent Smoke (Dave's weekly update #478)

Hi, Everybody!

Welcome back to AMOC where we TCOB about TMNT8.

First up, Iguana, how's that Big Board looking?
Sexy.

And since we're "All Turtles 8, All the Time!" Here's
Dave's Weekly Update:

You can go to Darrell's website, but all the books aren't there. Bezos has 'em, though...

(So, there was a bit of a miscommunication between Dave and CerebusOnline. But NEXT week, I swear!) ((No, REALLY!))

So, where to begin with the avalanche of faxes I've gotten from Dave...

Oh, I know! Heritage!
If you got Money, and don't wanna "do" the KickstarterHeritage has ALL sorts of TMNT/Cerebus goodies (click for the biggerness):
Kevin Eastman, Peter Laird, and Dave Sim Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #8 Story Page 44 Original Art (Mirage Studios, 1986).

I mean, why buy a REMASTERED REPRINT of issue #8, when for a fuckload more, you can get ONE page. Just one. (I mean the other 44 don't have such great shots of Renet's "balcony you can do Shakespeare from"...)

Dave Sim - Cerebus and TMNT Raphael Illustration Original Art (undated).

I mean, why buy a COPY of this cover when for a fuckload more, you can get the original that's been BREATHED on by Dave Sim!!!


I mean why buy a COLOURED copy of this cover, when for a (say it with me now!) FUCKLOAD more, you can get the original and some crayons (crayons not included in the auction.) and DO! IT! YOURSELF!!!


I mean, why buy a COLOURED copy of this when for a FUCK(wait for it...)LOAD more you can get the original (that has a better version of Renet's "balcony you can do Shakespeare from". Sorry Birdsong...) Plus the knockers on the back...


I mean, FUCK the Turtles. Here's a piece of Cerebus History. And it's even signed. And PERSONALIZED (as long as your name is George. Ah, fuck it, you can change your name. "Cerebus Fangirl George Liss" just ROLLS off the tongue...) 

Dave Sim and Gerhard Cerebus the Aardvark #272 Cover / Page Element Illustration Original Art (Aardvark-Vanaheim, 2001).

Oy. I mean, surely only a total putz would pass up on a chance to own an original Rabbi with a Gerhard commissioned background. This one is ALMOST affordable...

Anyway, there's a BUNCH of Eastman TMNT stuff in this Auction.

But back to:

Dave faxed:
Zombies. It worked once...

Cover "B" *NOT FINISHED ART*


I faxed to Dave that since the Spawn #10 KS was around Halloween, Zombies made sense. But since this one is around St. Patrick's Day, everybody should be leprechauns, or zombie leprechauns, or zombies fighting leprechauns.

Radio silence from Kitchener on THAT idea...

SO, MARK YOUR CALENDARS. MARCH 15TH! Zombie everybody cover 24 hour Flash sale. (On, I guess the Kickstarter. NOT some other weirdo site. No Grandma/Not Grandma variants (and they say you can't teach an old Canadian new tricks...))

(I ALSO suggested he do these as prints and not covers, but nobody listens to me...)

AND, the Waverly Press is still doing the Art Card Contest:
Details as I know them. 
  • They're producing a card set called "Visions of Turtles 8" with art by lots of cool folks. (Maybe even me!)
  • They are looking for members of the Cerebus community to submit their own art ideas for a trading card that will be included in the set.
  • Dave Sim is one of the judges. Our man at the Waverly Press is the other.
  • Winner gets 50 copies of their card, and "a package of fun stuff including a platinum T8 ashcan"
  • Contest runs until Friday, March 24th at midnight.
  • Submit your entries to momentofcerebus@gmail.com
So far, I've gotten ONE entry...

Okay, more faxes from Dave tomorrow (there are a significant number of them...)

ROLL THE RIGAMAROLE!!!!!!             
If you have not purchased one of these:

You totally should.
Here's how to get yours:
  1. Go to www.paypal.com and PayPal Bill directly at - billmessnerloebs@gmail.com if you don't have PayPal, or PM me (Mike Jones).
  2. The amount is $50 each (we pay postage in the U.S.)
  3. Pay all Paypal fees or use "friends/family" to avoid fees.
  4. IMPORTANT! Include on PayPal, your mailing address.
  5. Sit back and wait for your print....maybe get a frame ready.
  6. First come first serve until all prints are gone. All money goes directly to Bill.
Thanks for your support.
Supplies are limited (I think. I dunno, I'm "Go-and-see-if-they're-interested-in-this-Wise-Fella" not "Let's-plan-the-conquest-of-Estarcion-Wise-Fella"...)
___________________________________
Cerebus in Hell?
___________________________________
____________________________________
Oliver's Cerebus movie: The Absurd, Surreal, Metaphysical, and Fractured Destiny of Cerebus the Aardvark it's currently available on "Plex", "Xumo", "Vimeo On Demand", "Tubi". If you're in Brazil..."Mometu", "Nuclear Home Video", "AND AN AARDVARK IN A PEAR TREE!!!" 
____________________________________
____________________________________
____________________________________
Up to 35% off site-wide:  
March 10-11 & 23-26.
Tell your fans! Remind them that everything will be up to 35% off 
___________________________________
Next Time: You lynch me for the Flash Sale thing... IT'S NOT MY IDEA!!!

2 comments:

Glen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Glen said...

Has anyone received a "Journey/Cerebus" print yet?

I sent Bill Messner Loebs money through PayPal about a month & half ago but no print. I also emailed Bill asking when I will receive it. No reply.
I live in Canada & know it's going to cost extra for shipping. Radio silence is the only thing I'm getting.