Tuesday 7 March 2023

SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe Update X with Please Hold Addendum!

 "I'm sorta obligated to at this point..." 

- Matthew Dow, SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe Donor



Jen DiGiacomo
, surprisingly still Interim Head of SDOAR Division at A-V despite Matt's best efforts, here with yet another weekly update on the SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe campaign!
  • $3205 raised in 63 days from 67 donations
  • 20 new pages released as mocked up by Dave Sim from June 11 to August 4, 2021
  • 41 total pages available on Dropbox, including Dave's 2019 mocked-up pages!
  • Only $195 away from unlocking fantastic page 42!
  • $795 away from making Jen work on SDOAR 2023 Ashcans Vol. 0 & Vol. 1!!
>>Ponto Importante<<
  1. If you have not donated >> $5+ donation grants access to all 41 pages and all unlocked pages moving forward! 
  2. If you have donated (thanks!!) >> GoFundMe does not have an option for monthly subscriptions. So... if you want to donate on a monthly basis, please do so as this is the beginning of month #3.
  3. GoFundMe is a dreadful communication platform -- if you haven't heard back from me, gotten access to the new pages, etc., please email me at jen@typingmonkeys.com
  4. Remember that thing I was definitely supposed to talk more about this week? The good news is that I started working on it. The bad news, I got nothing to share this week. Absolutely guaranteed I'll have a better update next week. That's a guarantee!
SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe -->> https://gofund.me/4e2e1c96 <<-- SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe

Just the Fax, Ma'am: More SDOAR 2023 Rewards

I mentioned to Dave that his Pappa Balloon & Cactus variant cover was generating a bit of chatter and he faxed me the following note:

This is the little bit of Eddie Campbell by James Windsor-Smith as mentioned by Dave Sim!
And this the microscopic "Uncle Jerk" piece by Roman Rathert on Jack Kirby...

In case you didn't read Dave's fax, here are a few pull quotes for James Windsor-Smith and Roman Rathert. Sadly, James, you might need to run a spell check on your title.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"Poppa Balloon & Cactus is [a] brilliant and hilarious dark comedy." - Dave Sim

"Roman Rathert's ... "Uncle Jerk" piece on Jack Kirby ... it's, hands-down, one of the best Kirby articles I've ever read." - Dave Sim

That's a long way to say -- if YOU are publishing an indie comic and would like a variant cover at some point in the future, consider donating $200 to the GoFundMe campaign -- and I'll put a good word in for you!

SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe -->> https://gofund.me/4e2e1c96 <<-- SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe

Overpriced Pledge Items: Price Drop!
If you are interested in any of the items, simply donate the recommended price below to the GFM campaign, and I'll ship it out to you for free (unless you live overseas, then we'll see what the actual shipping costs are). Note that $200 or more donations automatically get you SDOAR 2023 production art.
  • $400 >> Dave Sim Original Art Card (2021): I purchased this art card during the Cerebus #2 Kickstarter campaign for $225 -- and am donating it to the campaign. Anyone who purchases this will unlock TWO pages AND receive at least four pieces of production art as thank you.
  • $100 >> Dave Sim's Cerebus the Aardvark Button Set: Includes 7 buttons (sadly three are missing) which show varying levels of rust -- and the button set card. Note that these are the limited edition button set, only 99 were made. This is 23 of 99. 
  • $100 >> Hermitage Awesomes Silicon Session, Prototype V 4.0 signed by Dave Sim #3/11, also inscribed by Carson Grubaugh. Hermitage Awesomes is a parody of the Heritage Auction preview books, by Dave Sim and Carson Grubaugh and includes an 8-page Strange Death of Alex Raymond Prequel, and lots more SDOAR related stuff.
  • $35 >> Cerebus Number Zero Gold Edition: Very clean copy.

Interested? Email me at jen@typingmonkeys.com!

SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe -->> https://gofund.me/4e2e1c96 <<-- SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe

Spoilers! Please Hold Addendum

If you had the pleasure of listening to this month's Please Hold for Dave Sim, you will know that we had a spot of fun with the final three letters at the end of call. Below is what I used as reference for those final three letters. 

Matt's unreliable narration aside, if you are not listening to Please Hold every month, you are in for a treat. Matt does an amazing job engaging Dave for several hours a month, and I like nothing more than when Matt says something that cracks Dave up.

I raise my glass to you, good sir! Job spectacularly well done!
 
I think that's all I got!

Jen 

Adeos!

2 comments:

john g. said...

Hate to nitpick a good Kirby article, but I can’t help myself. The Fantastic Four came out in 1961, not 1960. Probably just a typo.

Anonymous said...

Received my package from James Windsor Smith and couldn't be more please. Fun stuff and a super friendly guy.

Looks like there are only a few Dave covers left, I got a high number.

Really...you'll love it.