Tuesday 21 March 2023

SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe Update XII: The Return of Emo Dave

 "There’s no doubt that this is a masterpiece, a work of staggering genius by a creator who knows a thing or two about creating great comics. It’s also perhaps the most insane thing you will ever read, and I’m not sure it hasn’t driven me mad." 


Speaking of masterpieces, Dave let me use Emo Dave to help out with my weekly updates. I even earned the much coveted "LOL!" after sharing by fax. So much so that next week's strip will be written by Dave himself!
While Emo Dave tries to sort things out, allow me to share where we stand with the SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe campaign slightly more legibly:
  • $3,460 raised from 68 donations
  • 21 new pages released as mocked up by Dave Sim from June 11 to August 6, 2021
  • 42 total pages available on Dropbox, including Dave's 2019 mocked-up pages!
  • Only $140 away from unlocking fantastic page 43!
  • $540 away from making Jen work on SDOAR 2023 Ashcans Vol. 0 & Vol. 1!!
>> Vazhlyvyy Moment <<
  1. If you have not donated >> $5+ donation grants access to all 42 pages and all unlocked pages moving forward! 
  2. If you have donated (thanks!!) >> GoFundMe does not have an option for monthly subscriptions. So... if you want to donate on a monthly basis, please do so as we are on the back side of month #3.
  3. GoFundMe is a dreadful communication platform -- if you haven't heard back from me, gotten access to the new pages, etc., please email me at jen@typingmonkeys.com
SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe -->> https://gofund.me/4e2e1c96 <<-- SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe

Just the Fax, Ma'am

With Dave still busy with TMNT #8, we're going to have to be patient on scans of the production art he's been sending out. In the meantime, here's an old fax exchange between me and Dave from November 2022 wherein I share the first German Gone with the Wind edition from 1949.





SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe -->> https://gofund.me/4e2e1c96 <<-- SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe

Lower-Priced Pledge Items!

Postcards, buttons, cloisonné pins, collectible cards, bookmarks, drink coasters, extras from previous Kickstarter campaigns -- all below in one photo. All up for grabs. 

Make me an offer for any items that tickle fancy -- and we'll see if we can move the GFM numbers a bit in the process!
Interested? Email me at jen@typingmonkeys.com and make me an offer that I can't refuse.

SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe -->> https://gofund.me/4e2e1c96 <<-- SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe
 
That's all I got!

Jen 

Do pobachennya!

7 comments:

jhames34 said...

Nice! Love the "artificial "peanuts!😵 also those may be lower tier itim but thats a LOT of lower tier items!

Jen said...

Those are just some of my dupes! To be clear -- I am not selling them as one giant lot, but offering them up for folks who have gaps in their collections and looking to pick up a few items, and help the GoFundMe out in the process.

And, yes, VERY happy with the strip! Thanks!

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

It's "Iguana & Beer"!

"IGUANA & BEER"!

They're NOT known as Beer & Iguana: America's favorite beverage and lizard duo...

Get it right DiGiacomo!

Manly
(Man, you're on thinner ice than Liss is...)

Jen said...

You do realize Beer & Iguana rolls off the tongue better, right? But I’ll let Emo Dave know for next time, Dow.

Michael Grabowski said...

I haven't bought CIH? in a couple of years, but I wouldn't mind buying a book of more Jen & Emo Dave strips this good.

Jen said...

Well, I'll keep churning them out as long as folks are enjoying them!

jhames34 said...

I second that! Moar!