Monday 2 October 2023

It's a Steve Peters Week Miracle!

Hi, Everybody!

I guess I should post the L.O.A.S.S. wordsearch answer key so all the entrants can see how badly they blew it:
Of course that's just the names and not all the "incidental" words that give the BIG points...

And not only did I forget "Teevee" (who I knew I forgot), I forgot "Freebie". (I REALLY should have made an actual Member List, and not just relied on a pile of addresses... Sorry Freebie.)

So, who won?

I dunno, I have to calculate that yet. (I don't think anybody named Dave as "Daddy" "Varkbucks" (An EASY ten points RIGHT. THERE.) (And don't get me started on "Manly"...)

Anyway, Mondays!
_________________________________________
And as the title of this post claims, it IS a Steve Peters Week miracle: I got the Sparkybus prints in the mail today!

They were mailed out last Thursday!

I figured it'd be a least another week!

Anyway, *ahem* "Mistakes were made..." I screwed up when I ordered the prints, and we got HALF of what I told Steve we were getting.

I've discussed this with Steve, and IF he sells more, we'll do a second batch. And if he doesn't, we won't. (More on this later.)

So, there are ONLY 28 copies of the "Colour" print, and 52 of the Black & White one.

I signed and numbered the one I "coloured":
with "help"...


So if YOU want/need a print of Dave's Sparkybus signed by Dave and signed AND numbered by me and signed by Steve Peters, head on over to Steve's Kickstarter for Tails of Sparky #4.

I mean I KNOW Zipper can't live without a #26 print:

It's calling your name Zip:

"Zipper...Zipper...buy me Zipper. I got a little '26' on me...you need me Zipper..."

And Spatula isn't gonna let SOMEBODY else walk away with the #11 one:

Is he?
I bet Steve'd draw a li'l spatula on there for ya...

I don't know if Steve's gonna charge extra for the one Dave used as a test to see what colour ink would work best:

I would...

Getting back to how I screwed this all up, I faxed Dave to explain the miracle, and explain myself, and he made an offer to Steve:

So Steve, Sparkybus can become a perennial if need be...

I'm sure Dave and I will talk about it more on Thursday. Unless you guys get me a bunch of questions to momentofcerebus@gmail.com before Wednesday night when the Fax goes up...
__________________________________
"Hey Matt! Ya gonna make prints for James Windsor-Smith's Papa Balloon & Cactus #3 Kickstarter?"

Um... no?

Sorry James. Maybe NEXT time. (If I can wrangle the extra scratch to pay for 'em...)
__________________________________
And, no, I'm not paying for prints of MarvelManVark for that Kickstarter either.
__________________________________
The AMOC TeePublic Shoppe
On sale:
October 12-15 and October 26-29.
__________________________________
Tune in tomorrow to see how The Strange Death of Alex Raymond Go Fund Me is doing...
__________________________________
The Help Out Bill Messner-Loebs Go Fund Me, or buy Rodney Schroeter's book with proceeds going to Bill.
________________________________________
Larry Shell could use a hand.
________________________________________
The Last Day Without nothing.
   "      "     "        "  Dave's signature.
   "      "     "        "  an Old Cerebus Remarque
   "      "     "     Auction catalog for the Panoramic Remarques
________________________________________
Oliver's Cerebus movie: The Absurd, Surreal, Metaphysical, and Fractured Destiny of Cerebus the Aardvark it's currently available on "Plex", "Xumo", "Vimeo On Demand", "Tubi". If you're in Brazil..."Mometu", "Nuclear Home Video". 
_____________________________
Next Time: Jen. And the Greatest Post AMOC has! Ever! Seen!!!

4 comments:

jhames34 said...

No worries my man! Btw your version of Dave's cover to Steve's book looks great!

Birdsong said...

Not even a print of what’s under the ‘K’?

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

I seen what's under the K.

If anybody wants a print of THAT, they can get it printed themselves...

Manly

Dion said...

Sorry I didn't get involved, it's been a time - TeeVee