Tuesday 17 October 2023

SDoAR 42: Guerilla Marketing, SDOAR-Style, and Is Emo Dave Back?

 Is it the SDOAR hardcover? A PDF? No, it's a postcard, courtesy of Dave and Conrad Felber, a proud fellow SDOAR GoFundMe donor!

As Conrad writes on Facebook: 

"Thanks to Dave for the four promo 'TSDoAR' postcards that I received today from him, all pre-stamped with domestic postage. I just wanted to show him, via this Facebook page (maybe the admins can tell him on my behalf?), that I have filled out and mailed three of those cards. The 4th one, I am keepin' for myself! 😁 {I have digitally obscured my own mailing address and those of the three recipients.}"

Thanks, Conrad! Happy to let Dave know when next we fax! It also ties nicely into the fax conversations Dave and I had on Friday and Saturday when he realized I was at NYCC. Alas, our guerilla marketing plan failed to come together in time, but I think next time we'll have a few ideas to try out!

Remember Emo Dave?

Talk about a surprise! Emo Dave is back, courtesy of a Dave Sim variant cover in the MarvelManVark Kickstarter by David Birdsong and Benjamin Hobbs! The campaign ends tomorrow (Wednesday!). 

Is Dave taking back the franchise with variant covers and Christmas cards? Makes a girl get a little misty eyed. Why not pledge today for a couple of copies of your own?

>> https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/444747604/marvelmanvark

But enough about Emo Dave, let's check in on the Tote Board!

GoFundMe Tote Board

  • *ZERO* new pages unlocked since last week.
  • $9482.00 raised from 149 donations.
  • 51 new pages released as mocked up by Dave Sim from 11 June to 29 October 2021
  • 72 total pages available on Dropbox, including Dave's 2019 mocked-up pages
  • Only $118.00 away from unlocking page 73
  • If you have not donated >> $5+ donation grants access to all 72 pages and all pages moving forward! 
  • If you have donated (thanks!!) >> GoFundMe does not have an option for monthly subscriptions. So if you want to donate on a monthly basis, please do so as we are midway through month #10.
SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe -->> https://www.gofundme.com/f/sdoar-2023

Giant-Size Ashcan Update

Okay, okay. I've finally gotten back to working on these! I have two inside front cover essays rewritten and proofread! By end of day tomorrow, I should do likewise to the rest of my pages, meaning I should be able to get the next round of proofs in Alfonso's hands for printing! Let's see if I can stick to my guns this week!

SDOAR Pages, Part VIII

Below is the third completely new page -- with original Dave Sim art -- that will be in The Strange Death of Alex Raymond Giant Size Ashcan #1. Haven't been keeping up with the pages? See: Part IPart IIPart IIIPart IVPart VPart VI; Part VII.

Reminder: The image below is *neither* the restored *nor* the remastered page, just what I cleaned up as lo-res files for Dropbox. Philip R. Frey's cleanup work for this page of the Giant-Size Ashcan is SO much better!
That's all I got this week!

x

Jen


SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe -->>
 https://www.gofundme.com/f/sdoar-2023 <<-- SDOAR 2023 GoFundMe

1 comment:

Birdsong said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Jen. There's Emo Dave on the Variant cover and Emo Dave on the Christmas Card and even one Emo Dave Christmas Cover Proof left (as I write this with 26-ish hours to go). Thanks to all AMOCers for joining in.