Friday 12 July 2019

Sprinting the Succession Plan (Dave's Weekly Update #295)

Hi, Everybody!

Heeeeeere's Dave:



No, wait. That's the song that was stuck in my head all morning at work. And I only know about ten seconds of the lyrics.

So I started to write new ones. 

About Ayn Rand's letter to Cat Fancy magazine.
Yeah, that one.
"Dear Editor of Cat Fancy,
I think that it's true:
A cat is the I-deal companion...
Ba na na na na na nump!"

Um, Heeeeeere's Eddie Baby :


Five Cents? Canadian? That's like...less than a penny American...In fact, I think with the exchange rate, Eddie will end up owing you money... No, that's not how AMOC rolls. Bidding starts at one dollar (US). Sound off in the comments if you want this in your hot little hands... (I do think the "Elrod Bunny" in MY collection looks better:
Oh yeah, THAT'S a one of a kind original...)
Um...I feel like I'm forgetting somethinOH SHIT!!! SAVE THE CEREBUS MUPPET!!!! CerebusDownloads.com SAVE THE MUPPET!!! OH SWEET BABY JEBUS! SAVE THE MUPPET!!! OH WHAT A WORLD WHAT A WORLD!!!
______________________________________
Wanna give Team Cerebus In Hell? the monies, but don't wanna deal with the hassle of going to a comicbook store and tracking down a copy of the latest Cerebus in Hell? One-Shot (Fornicators Inc. is coming out at the end of the month...)? There's a link to the right, over there-----------> (somewhere...)

If you're in the market to dress like Dave Sim, you can buy a "Matt D's A Moment of Cerebus" t-shirt right here. Or, if you're one of those nostalgia buffs who likes the earlier funnier A Moment Of Cerebus posts, the Tim W. Logo is available too

The remastered Volume 1 is available digitally for $9.99.



If you got a couple of extra bucks and want to do a fellow Cerebus fan a solid, Friend of the Blog Mike Battaglia has a go fund me here

If you're looking for Cerebus the Barbarian Messiah, or Conversations. You got options, Conversations, and Cerebus the Barbarian Messiah

Send pics of your @#$%ING Flimsy postcards From Hell? to momentofcerebus@gmail.com. Most bent to @#$% postcard wins a valuable prize from Dave Sim! (I might have the winner...)

Speaking of Postcards from Hell?, the next Kickstarter is up and running.

Also, the EXPERTLY REMASTERED CHURCH AND STATE VOL II is available to order NOW (Diamond Order Code JUL191359)

And You should order an IRON MANTICORE #1 Diamond Order Code JUL191358
________________________________

Next Time: The 2019 Great Cerebus (in Hell?) Re-Read

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not a private bidder has already offered me $1 for it.
Eddie

Dion said...

I’m bidding $5 for the bunny - there is so little Khanna art out there you need to strike when a piece shows up.

- Dion

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

Dion,

Plus the extras!

Matt

Margaret said...

I bid a toonie for the Elrod bunny.

Margaret said...

Crap, just saw the fiver bid for it. I only have one toonie. . .

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

Also Eddie,

Let's see your Cerebus Tree...

Matt

Jeff said...

Eight bucks, if it includes a Cerebus tree. And, why the hell were you manhandling my GV/GD artwork?!? Man! It's so hard to get good help nowadays!

Eddie said...

As a follow up to this week’s weekly update, Dave told me that after Frank signed it and handed it to Dave and he read it, Dave waved
it around with one hand and said “that’s a real nice slim volume you got there, Frank.”

You guys are ridiculous. I can’t take money from you in good conscience for this. Tell you what, anyone who wants one I’ll send them one for free, along with some random Dave Sim post it note I’ve found lying around (most likely it’ll be one with the date of a weekly update on it).

Anonymous said...

A hundred bucks for all of 'em.

You know who said...

AND, you show us the basement. (Where I was very afraid to crawl into, before the major overhaul.)

Jeff said...

BTW, Dave, (and, yes, this one starts out for you, and then segues to Eddie, and then veers awkwardly towards Matt; I kinda have a tendency to do that kinda bullshit, to which I think you can relate; after all these years.
What's it been?, six, seven, twenty?) Have you finally fixed up the back porch? And, I don't mean just the porch, which, of course, is (Fixed), or (fixed), but "sittin' out back an' enjoyin' the two-perfect-days-of-summer-fixed." I know you got the foundation fixed, but, man would I enjoy an afternoon with you on the back porch.

Again.

You told me, on that post-it-note, to come out back. And, then, we sat there, getting reacquainted, until I finally had to take a piss (not a pee).

And then, you walked me through your bedroom, which was .. well, okay, but, um, (It, the bed, was well-made, but...well, okay. I thought it was neat, as in "Cool", but seeing it was ... um ... a little bit awkward.)

And, then, you told me about how you had eliminated the kitchen! Which surprised me, but then you told me how and when you eat, and it made perfect sense.

And, then, you showed me to the guest commode and, then, of course, left me alone.

Having driven for about three hours from the border, without a stop, I wasn't sure if that old tub could handle me, let alone the toilet.

The Off-White House is an incredible mansion located somewhere near where Eddie Khana (Hi! Eddie!) lives. Or, where he currently resides.

But. P.S.: it's not actually a mansion, and Eddie, for now, lives at least ... um, tryin' to do the mileage math, carry the one ... at least ... 5,000 miles away.

Man, is Canada big!

But, Eddie, if you get down there ... been there, done that, and didn't even sniff a t-shirt ... you might be able to just barely pull this thing off.

Good... um ... fuckin' luck. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, except, of course, the guy currently in charge here at AMOC. You know; the duck. (Dave told me to stop "body-shaming/name-shaming" a while back, so I'm violating that, but "Duck AMOC" is my favorite cartoon video.)

Take *that*, buddy.

Oh, and "HI!" to all three lovely ladies, Matt. Just, please, don't tell them that I say bad things about you because they're true. Let them believe, for a while, anyway. ;)

And a special "HI!" to that guy who pretended to be Dave for two (!) weeks.

But, getcher ass on back home!

Don't make me!!! 'Cause I can do it, Eddie.

Just sayin'. Two (effing magnified) weeks! The cats need food, man! *Your* cats! WTF, man? They're tapping their watches. "Where ya been, daddy? Where ya been? Huh?"

Be a responsible Daddy, for God's sake!

😄

Carson Grubaugh said...

Now Eddie can take over ALL of the duties on SDOAR. Thank goodness!!!