Sunday 28 July 2019

The Ol' AMOC Mailbag: Dave Sim and Travis Pelkie

Hi, Everybody!

We got a marole, we got a whole Rig'a' marole:
I'm giving away free @#$%! (And NOT "pulling a Hemingway" and rushing to get done "so I can go down to La Floridita and drink my body weight in margaritas" (metaphorically speaking) (And I'm pretty sure La Floridita was were Hemingway drank daiquiris, but I digress...) 
Send pics of your @#$%ING Flimsy postcards From Hell? to momentofcerebus@gmail.com. Most bent to @#$% postcard wins a valuable prize from Dave Sim! (Is this still a thing?) 
Also, the EXPERTLY REMASTERED CHURCH AND STATE VOL II is available to order NOW (Diamond Order Code JUL191359) Submit your ideas for the bookplate contest.


And you should order a COLOUR YOUR OWN CEREBUS IN HELL? #1 Diamond Order Code AUG191433
__________________________________

The ol' AMOC mailbag got this in:
Hey Matt,


I have 3 photos of Dave signing the latest CIH? issue. Dave wants these photos posted on the Moment of Cerebus website.

Thanks,


DS
Well, as you all know, "whatever Dave wants, Dave gets..."
Hi Dave!

That's alot of Tales of Sophistication...

Wait a minute..."Don Heck"?!? 
 _____________________________________

And Travis Pelkie sent in:
Hey Matt




I was reading some recent issues of MAD magazine after hearing it’s ending and in the new #7, in the Avengers movie parody by writer Ian Boothby and artist Gideon Kendall, this appears on the first page:



Thought you and Dave and everyone would like to know.

Here is the cover of the issue


Also in the latest previews, Gerhard and Grant Morrison’s the smile of the absent cat is reoffered from heavy metal and marvel is doing a new issue of Crazy with story and art by Dandy Don Simpson!

Take care man!

Travis Pelkie
_________________________
Well, thanks Dave and Travis!

Next Time: "Manly" Matt Dow's ideas for the Church & State II bookplate...

8 comments:

Jeff said...

Okay, I immediately knew that it wasn't the Off-White House (having been there, having paid the ten bucks for the tour), so I figured that it was Dave at some guy's house. And, btw, looking much healthier. But.

I looked closer, and all signs pointed to those pictures having been taken at Camp David. Unless, you know, they were taken at that hotel. Still, I think Camp David. Where I have been, back when it was, essentially, a storage shed.

Glen said...

Does Dave have A/C at the off White House?


It's been rather hot here in Southern Ontario. Today the temperature is suppose to be around 32C.

Glen said...

Almost forgot I ordered a copy of the "Remastered Church & State: Volume 2"from my friendly neighborhood comic book store at "Mostly Comics" in St. Catharines, Ontario on the weekend.
I have all the individual issues from the original series but I've always loved the cover this TPB.




Tony Dunlop said...

OK, I feel like the dumb kid who's asking something everyone else already knows...but why Don Heck? Is there a DH drawing hidden somewhere among all those autographed-or-soon-to-be-autographed funnybooks?

Jeff said...

And, who is that gorgeous woman in the foreground?

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

Tony,

Don Heck famously drew Iron Man, Dave's signing the CiH? Iron Man parody.

It's a bit.

"Manly"

Tony again said...

See, I remember a lot of old books I have drawn by Mr. Heck, but I've never been a big IM fan. I think he did a few issues of "Captain Marvel" between Gene Colan and Gil Kane, though.

Tony one more time said...

HA! "Self" Storage.

I just got it.

Insert snark here.