Monday 29 July 2019

"Manly" Matt Dow's Suggested Church & State Volume II Bookplates

Hi, Everybody!

The Rigmarole:
I'm giving away free @#$%! (And NOT "pulling a Hemingway" and rushing to get done "so I can go down to La Floridita and drink my body weight in margaritas" (metaphorically speaking) (And I'm pretty sure La Floridita was were Hemingway drank daiquiris, but I digress...)
Send pics of your @#$%ING Flimsy postcards From Hell? to momentofcerebus@gmail.com. Most bent to @#$% postcard wins a valuable prize from Dave Sim! (Is this still a thing? I'm thinking it's gonna end the next time I talk to Dave...) 
You should order a COLOUR YOUR OWN CEREBUS IN HELL? #1 Diamond Order Code AUG191433 

Also, the EXPERTLY REMASTERED CHURCH AND STATE VOL II is available to order NOW (Diamond Order Code JUL191359) Submit your ideas for the bookplate contest.

_______________________

Speaking of the bookplate contest, here's MY picks (In the order I found them in Church & State Volume II):
I'm using my old and busted digital copy of Church & State II...
Partly, because it's the only thing I have...
And partly because...
it makes Sean Robinson's eyes bleed...
I think it works better cropped...
Bit of a spoiler...
Of course, if Dave wanted to keep the theme of the Jaka's Story bookplate in mind, then he should use a commission piece, like this one:

That has a caption from David Birdsong, that reminds everybody that I'm talking to Dave on Thursday, so last chance to get your questions in for this month.

(Obviously, I'd run the commission piece WITHOUT the caption balloon.)

Make it so Robinson!

Next Time: I pull something out of my @$$ at the last minute...

6 comments:

Steve said...


OK, so I'll bite on the PHforDS:

So Dave, other than the 'in the wild' pages of original art, what items are you missing from the Archives that you'd like examples of?

ie, posters, interviews, pins / buttons - you know, the ephemera.

Best -

Steve

Anonymous said...

An original sketch of an “original Cerebus self portrait”. It very well could be stick figures, as I can’t speculate on Cerebus’s artistic talents.

Anonymous said...

I think the "Damn right" and "Good luck" ones give too much away. Sure, the first time reader won't know what they mean but I think they remain most effective if the reader sees them for the first time in the context of the story.

Maybe just the Glowing thing on its own?

Or how about just the scary faces along the tower?

Of the ones suggested the crowd page is the best in my opinion.

cheers

A Fake Name

Jeff said...

Nope.

"So."

Jeff said...

But. I have a question for Dave Sim.

How come you never call me "Darling", darling, anymore?

You nver even; Ah say, ya never even call me by my (ah say), by my nomenclature.

*Name*, that is!


denis said...

maybe this one for bookplate https://cafart.r.worldssl.net/images/Category_1985/subcat_180361/elJSgxBh_0808181040311gpadd.JPG